Who We Are
Goodsted’s vision is to empower global collaboration for sustainable development. Our platform is a community hub for impact organisations and volunteers, all looking to create a better world!
Those who are leading impactful organisations and initiatives often struggle with capacity and need support to progress their missions. On the other hand, we have a huge amount of skilled individuals in the world who are more than capable of helping but have no easy way to find opportunities that match their skills and interests. We open up the Goodsted platform to anyone so that we can provide these opportunities to those who’d like to help.
We are launching the Ambassador Programme to increase engagement in volunteering through our innovative digital-first and remote platform which makes it accessible for skilled volunteers to connect with beneficiaries in need of skilled support. As Goodsted ambassadors, you will be a part of a community who cares about the world, while developing your skills, and building new connections in the social enterprise sector.
Our Community Ambassador Programme
Our ambassadors play a vital role in representing Goodsted and raising awareness of our work to grow the community of non-profit organisations and social impact startups that are seeking volunteer support. You will be taking on an important role that will have a direct impact in helping, inspiring, and encouraging more people to volunteer, and in turn creating a positive impact on the lives of the people they help.
As an ambassador, you will be:
- Inspiring people to volunteer. Take opportunities to connect with new people, inspiring them to volunteer and create a positive impact in their community.
- Expanding our reach to grow the community of non-profits and impact startups on the platform.
- The face of Goodsted! The best way to truly engage people with volunteering is by personal interaction, sharing your story and the work we do.
The benefits of being a Goodsted Ambassador
One of the most important parts of our ambassador programme is providing opportunities for you to develop your own personal skills. This includes:
- Becoming an advocate for the cause you are passionate about, and choosing deliverables based on your skillset
- Adding impactful volunteering experiences to your portfolio
- Flexible and self-directed hours
- Recognition as a Goodsted Ambassador on LinkedIn and the Goodsted Website
- Learning and Development sessions including building your LinkedIn profile and advice on CV and career prospects
- LinkedIn recommendation and end of programme certificate to commemorate your efforts
- Transferable skills which will make your CV stand out and increase your employability
- Increased communication, teamwork and time management skills
- Meeting new people and building lasting relationships
Some things you will be involved in
- Engage with students from your university. Share the Goodsted mission, and empower others to register onto the platform to volunteer their skills for causes they’re passionate about.
- Use social media to contribute to the online presence of Goodsted. Share Goodsted’s posts across social media platforms to help initiatives source support.
- Liaise with organisations in your network or local area. Connect Goodsted with charities and non-profit organisations looking for support.
- Post progress updates on the platform of the opportunities you take part-in and provide testimonials about your experiences, to be shared across our social networks, and our blog.
- Gather insights from fellow students to learn about what inspires them, what causes they’re passionate about, and how we can continuously improve the Goodsted platform to better serve our communities.
Some desirable skills we are looking for in our Community Ambassadors
- Are passionate, proactive and enthusiastic about progressing good causes and our mission
- Are confident in approaching practices to support our work
- Are willing to ask different audiences to support charities
- Have good communication and organisational skills
- Are able to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Are proactive with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
Commitment that you will need for this role
This role is very flexible, so you can work the ambassador role easily around other commitments you might have. Interested students should be available to dedicate 4 hours each month across a year-long period of engagements. This can be in either, sharing or advocating for Goodsted, or participating in opportunities and events.
How we will be supporting you
- You will receive a full induction to the Goodsted Ambassador Programme
- You will have the Goodsted team who will be supporting you and answering any questions you have
- You will be working alongside other ambassadors, attend scheduled meetings and virtual social events 🥳
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Goodsted provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Goodsted is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Goodsted
Gender diversity (male:female)