📍 Location - London base office
Hybrid working as standard, 2 days a week in the office
About the team that drives our platform
We're a PropTech scale-up who have created a revolutionary, cloud-based software platform to bring together agents, landlords and tenants online and process all the paperwork electronically.
Our small, self-organising squads build the platforms and tools to help us achieve our mission. We're disrupting an industry, so there's plenty of thorny, real-world problems to solve on behalf of the agents, landlords and tenants that use our system.
If you want to develop new skills, there'll be plenty of opportunities: many of our current team joined as back-end or front-end developers, and are now working across the full stack.
We are keen advocates of agile delivery; we work closely with our stakeholders and use Kanban to iterate quickly on customer feedback. You'll be learning every day, from the team around you and senior members of the team who you'll have daily exposure to.
Visit our careers in tech to find out more about the team and the way we work!
The Tech we use
The referencing application is built on a Microsoft stack, which includes Azure Function Apps developed using C# (10), EventGrid for event processing, and Cosmos DB for data storage.
As part of our commitment to delivering a reliable and scalable application, we host our stack on Azure, the leading cloud platform.
We also use Terraform for infrastructure configuration, which allows us to manage our infrastructure as code and ensure fast and efficient deployments.
About the Role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a C# Engineer to help us achieve this.
At Goodlord we want everyone to bring their whole selves to work so we offer quite a lot of flexibility in order for you to find a good work-life balance
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Work with product managers, designers, business colleagues and other engineers to understand end-user problems and implement appropriate solutions
- Assist your squad by defining tasks end-to-end and working autonomously
- Use your knowledge to continuously improve the platform, implement coding standards, and help define a technical roadmap of improvements
- Continuously develop your skillset via tailored professional development objectives and budget
You should apply if the following sounds like you:
- Commercial experience building web-based applications using C#
- Experience in domain modelling using Object Oriented techniques and principles
- Writes automated tests using frameworks such as NUnit, Behat or Cypress
- Knowledge of web application security and how to guard against common vulnerabilities.
- Strong communication skills and can adapt to the technical level of your audience.
- Focused on providing value, solving end-user problems and having a real impact on the organisation.
- Biassed towards execution.
- Team player
- Any experience with NoSQL databases and event based systems will be a strong bonus
In your first month, you’ll:
- Meet the team
- Learn about the various departments and products
- Get familiar with the technology and application, and do your first few releases
- Learn the platform by helping out with dev support for one week
In your first three months, you’ll:
- Start being an active contributor to code reviews
- Work on features related to your squad’s mission
- Get involved in guild discussions around improving the code base and practices.
For more information, Donovan, our CTO, has written a blog post that goes in-depth into our interview process: https://blog.goodlord.co/careers/how-goodlord-recruits-engineers.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting and varied products and 320 Goodlordians.
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a Goolordian:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
NO Agencies please - we have trusted partners that we turn to should we need support. Thank you!
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role, sadly Sponsorship is not available.
We asked employees of Goodlord how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Goodlord
Gender diversity (male:female)