London HQ 3 days per week, remote 2 days per week (or office if you so wish!)
About the Role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Senior Finance Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Finance, to help us achieve this.
We are going through an exciting phase of growth, as such we are looking for a Strong Senior Finance manager to support the business through this period.
You will be a lead in the month-end and year-end reporting, using your prior experience and strong technical skills to deliver timely and accurate reporting, although you will of course be supported and guided by the Head of Finance!
As it is possible that Goodlord will go public during your tenure, we are looking for someone with experience of an environment with good controls and processes, and an understanding of how to implement them. Given the necessary change to IFRS, experience of accounting policy change and the effect on reporting will be helpful.
You will bring best practice on workpapers, reconciliations and internal controls & procedures to drive continuous improvement in both accuracy, efficiency and timeliness within the team.
You should also be an experienced people leader with experience of managing and developing a team to perform well as you will have a very small team from day one.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
The day to day stuff:
- A lead in the month end process
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of both month-end and year-end accounts
- Running the Groups Annual Audit
- Liaising with the auditors to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and standards
- Continually reviewing work practices and procedures for better operational efficiencies;
- Focus on operational improvement, to eliminate manual intervention, errors and to automate where possible
- Implement and manage controls appropriate for a business that has developed to Goodlord’s stage, with an eye to being a public company
- Identify and fix potential issues in financial processes
- Guide, support,develop and review work of more junior members of the team
- Ad-hoc Projects
- Financial Analysis
- System Implementation
- Process Change
You should apply if you have the following:
Skills and competencies:
- Developed financial accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Self-starter with strong organisational skills.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience running a finance team in a small / medium sized business with less than perfect systems
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with significant PQE
- VAT experience
- Significant experience implementing processes and controls
It would also be great if you have experience of:
- Working in an FCA regulated environment
- Handling client money
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check, including ID check and DBS via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
No Agencies Please - we have a trusted partner should the need arise.
We asked employees of Goodlord how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Goodlord
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I feel I have a brilliant balance between working hard and still enjoying my own time, without feeling stressed or worrying about work."
Anonymous Development Manager at Goodlord