📍Based 2 days a week at our office in Sheffield (Kelham Island), the other 3 days are up to you!
- One in five people in the UK rent their homes. Goodlord's mission? To provide them with the best renting experience in the world 🌎
- We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution 🏠
- Vouch (part of the GL group) uses the latest technology to provide a full reference in a user-friendly way, making it more efficient and less stressful for tenants ❤️
- work with your squad to deliver features
- spend time reviewing the code of your colleagues
- be paired with senior engineers to spec and develop more complex features
- be identifying and fixing small issues
- focus on either frontend or backend but will at times be working across both (we will teach you what you don’t know and even what you don’t know you don't know!)
What we need from you:
- You have experience working with relational databases
- You know the different types of testing and are comfortable writing unit tests
- You have strong knowledge of web application security and how to guard against common vulnerabilities
What's in it for you:
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off (subject to passing probation & fair usage policies): we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
If you’re ready to help us provide the best renting experience in the world, then click apply (2-3 minutes)!
** A full job spec is available on request **
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Regrettably we are not able to provide sponsorship for this role
No agencies please - we have tried and trusted partners we would turn to should we require support
We asked employees of Goodlord how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Goodlord
Gender diversity (male:female)