1–2 days/week at home
A little flex time
📍 Hybrid - 2 days per week in the London office (Aldgate) and 3 days remote/wfh
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for an experienced Finance Manager to help us achieve this.
As Finance Manager, you will look after our general ledger, and play your part in month-end & year-end reporting, using your prior experience and technical skills to deliver timely and accurate reporting. A strong understanding of accounting principles is essential. We are happy to support and train to fill any gaps in experience in using day to day accounts department systems, as this hire is focused on filling gaps in our technical accounting. You will bring a depth of knowledge and confidence in accounting standards, IFRS and financial accounting principles.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Owning the month end process for “your” part of our group, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of both month-end and year-end accounts.
- Manage all elements of our billing processes with the support of a junior member of the team.
- Supporting in the completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting the team in liaising with the auditors to ensure our audit runs smoothly.
- Focus on operational improvement, to eliminate manual intervention, errors, and to automate where possible.
- Produce and review business unit financial reports against budget and forecast.
- Potential line management of junior members of the team.
You should apply if you have:
- Post CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified experience, and confidence in your accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
- When we review the monthly accounts, you will have already spotted and explained or resolved the “funnies” that can arise, or have the confidence to present them as unresolved areas for help
- Experience in maintaining a general ledger.
- You can put together manual journals, when required
- Are used to reconciling balance sheet accounts
- A Self starter attitude with strong organisational skills.
- We want someone who can spot that a process is manual and error prone, and implement a fix or re-develop the process; if you would wait to be told, this isn’t for you
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Not just using someone else’s sheet, but creating them for new workings
- Can work well in a team;
- By this we mean communicating across the team to ensure we’re meeting deadlines as a team, communicating issues upwards to managers as they occur and supporting junior members of the team as they need it.
And it would be super great if you had experience of:
- Working in an FCA regulated environment
- Handling client money
- Experience of working in Netsuite
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting and varied products and 320 Goodlordians supporting the mission!
We recently announced a £27m funding round, which is intended to support ambitious moves - possibly including M&A - and we need to attract top talent to help us achieve our mission.
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we're ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large list, and we're one of the UK's Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing in 2022.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022 (so good we've mentioned it twice!)
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a goodlordian:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
We asked employees of Goodlord how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Goodlord
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I feel I have a brilliant balance between working hard and still enjoying my own time, without feeling stressed or worrying about work."
Anonymous Development Manager at Goodlord
More roles at Goodlord
- Customer Support Hero (Remote)
- Contact Centre Agent (Hybrid) - 4th April Start Date
- Head of Demand Generation
- Marketing Operations Manager
- Customer Success Manager
- HR Operations Manager - 4 month contract
- Junior Telesales Agent - Hybrid (Lincoln Base Office)
- Software Engineer - C# (London)
- Software Engineer - C# (Sheffield)
- Telesales Agent - Hybrid (Lincoln Base Office)