The Product Manager will drive and manage technology enabled transformational change, discovery, innovation, and the core platform for the Advice products for FSCS colleagues and customers. They will be an experienced, highly energised, and motivated individual who is obsessed with managing and optimising great user experiences and data processes, to support the FSCS strategy. The role is a hybrid of Product Owner and Product Management functions
My Priorities – what I will deliver
• Play an integral role in the delivery of a new software platform for our Advice Products
• Continuously monitoring and optimising the Advice claims journey, to improve customer satisfaction and other product performance metrics throughout the entire end to end claims lifecycle
• Build strong engagement with the stakeholder network ensuring they are aligned with the Advice product vision and roadmap and receive all relevant communications.
• Lead and influence a cross functional team to ensure the team delivers products that meet business requirements/needs and delivers the right outcomes for our customers.
• Ensure data-driven decision making, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunity’s, based on interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
• Working directly with the UX team to identify customer research opportunities to identify future roadmap items.
• Develop the end-to-end data processes to ensure FSCS is ready to manage an Advice failure efficiently and accurately.
• Product owner for the Advice scrum team. Breaking down and interpreting business problems and managing, prioritising, and grooming a backlog of user stories with detailed acceptance criteria. Managing dependencies and conducting UAT.
• Optimise your delivery team by tracking, reporting, and improving velocity, processes, best practices
• Assist with deployments and production support issues
Customer Strategy and culture
• Be completely customer obsessed, inputting into and championing the customer experience, every moment of every day
• Collaborating and educating the organisation with the rest of the Product team, to transform the customer experience and the face of FSCS in the industry.
My knowledge – what I need to know
Technical Skills & Knowledge
· 5 years of active Product Owner, Product Manager experience
· Demonstrable experience in software/platform transformation programs delivering robust, scalable solutions into the business.
· Expertise at being the voice of the customer
· Experienced at understanding and interpreting customer needs and pain points
· Be able to effectively communicate and influence people and teams
· Ability to manage and align multiple stakeholders
· Experience at contributing towards product strategy and vision
· Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, always looking to make data driven decisions
· Have a collaborative approach, working across technical & non-technical teams and managing stakeholders
· Be passionate and effective at delivering a product roadmap and Agile ways of working (SCRUM in particular)
· Be resilient to complexity and ambiguity in a fast-changing environment
· Have strong project management and prioritisation skills
· Be able to run and take part in effective workshops
· Be able to document the complex processes that drive and underpin the customer journeys
· Be hungry to learn and then deploy and share learnings across the organisation
· Be a role model for change
· Be passionate about the user experience
We asked employees of FSCS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FSCS
City of London