Operational Planning Analyst
3–4 days/week at home
Fully flexible hours
As the Operational Planning Analyst, you’ll work closely with the levy forecasting team to forecast volumes of claims, their cost and therefore the amount of the levy charged to financial institutions throughout the UK. You will also support the Operations division by forecasting long-term and short-term Back Office and Contact Centre volumes, providing data combined with strong analysis and insight. This will require close liaison with outsourced partners and colleagues throughout FSCS at all levels.
My Priorities – what I will deliver
- Delivering short, medium and long-term forecasts for both internal and outsourced teams relating to back office operations and contact centre.
- Work as part of the levy forecast team, providing data, commentary and insight to assist with calculating levies charged to the industry.
- Work closely with partners to highlight incoming claim volumes and effectively support staffing models to maximize quality customer service and processing standards
- Identify drivers causing deviations to planned performance. Be able to effectively communicate this to stakeholders
- Identify potential future events or other business trends that may impact workload volume, analyse potential impact of these events, and incorporate those results into projected workload
- Identify and highlight performance/service risks to Operations.
- Support the business by making and driving recommendations on best use of operational resource, operational efficiencies and leakage opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the Operational areas to improve the customer journey which in turn will optimise operational efficiency
- Undertake ‘planned vs actual’ analysis, accurately document and report on volume / capacity issues and results producing daily, weekly and monthly commentary on incoming volumes
My Knowledge – what I need to know
- A strong analytical background with an understanding of forecasting, planning and a multi-function environment. Previous planning or modelling experience is essential.
- A clear understanding of forecasting concepts, and how to apply them to business operations
- Sound commercial knowledge, particularly the cost ratio of service to resource
- Back office and contact centre planning is highly desirable
- Experience in use of Erlang C, Time based analysis and standard deviation
- Strong analytical skills in being able to navigate numerous data sources, helping to define baseline metrics and being proactive on taking stakeholders on the journey to aligning to your date sets
- Experience with working with data and able to analyse multiple data sources and draw conclusions and deliver insight
- Methodical approach to fault finding and problem solving
- A proactive and confident communicator with the ability to influence at all levels ensuring the key message is delivered successfully
- Must have strong working knowledge of Power BI, Excel and Power Point
- Strong SQL skillset
- Experience of working in an operational environment for frontline and back office processing
- Experience of successfully delivering the right insights and information in a reporting and analysis function
We asked employees of FSCS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FSCS
City of London
What employees are saying
A really flexible place to work, that embraces the 'your day, your way' philosophy. Very inclusive to different circumstances. For me it means I get a solid 'work life' balance around child care and work. Love it :)