Reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer, the Executive Assistant (EA) provides administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship. This role provides administrative support including supporting budgetary, team management (training, expenses, general administration), procurement and risk management activities.
The role holder must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with exceptional written and verbal communication including report and business paper writing, administrative, and organisational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
My Priorities – what I will deliver
Chief Customer Officer diary
- Maintain and update diary/calendar on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinate requests for meetings in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Organisation of events, both internally and externally.
- To make adequate arrangements for refreshments, hospitality and travel, as and when appropriate.
- Ensure adequate provisions are made for meetings; this will include booking meeting rooms and ensuring facilities are aware of refreshment needs.
- Prepare and issue agendas for meetings within the team and externally and, when required, produce accurate minutes reflecting agreed actions.
- All meetings are well planned and administered, responsibility for action points agreed & monitored and ensure that all needs are anticipated and accounted for.
- On behalf of the Chief Customer Officer, act as an interface both within the Scheme and externally. This will include the preparation of presentations and the development of relevant documentation or reports.
- Ensure the accurate and timely flow of information, both internally and externally, and where required provide analysis on that information.
- Organise and monitor emails on behalf of the Chief Customer Officer.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner.
- Maintain document filing to the standard required.
- Ensure confidentiality of business information at all times.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Work with the Executive PA support team to provide better support to the Executive Team collectively, as and when necessary
- Perform ad-hoc duties as required
My Knowledge – what I need to know
- Strong organisational skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members and external partners
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Experienced professional fully proficient in executive diary management, events, office management
We asked employees of FSCS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FSCS
City of London
What employees are saying
A really flexible place to work, that embraces the 'your day, your way' philosophy. Very inclusive to different circumstances. For me it means I get a solid 'work life' balance around child care and work. Love it :)