To manage and deliver sustainable, tactical, strategic and transformation change across the scheme, working in collaboration with internal teams and outsourced partners to deliver the strategic plan and continuous improvement initiatives.
To demonstrate confidence and competence across the whole breadth and depth of change management skills to add value for our customers, people and stakeholders ensuring what we do delivers benefit to the scheme, whilst promoting and role modelling a transformation and agile continuous improvement culture to create agents of change.
My Priorities – what I will deliver
- Delivery of FSCS business objectives through assigned initiatives within the portfolio, using full breadth of change Management disciplines and expert competencies:
- Project Management –Works in collaboration with stakeholders to design the appropriate delivery approach then manage the delivery of the change in collaboration with business leads, technology teams and wider scheme colleagues. Plan, design and deliver all projects successfully and ensure associated benefits are realised. Work with the PMO to ensure all projects are appropriately governed, communicated clearly and appropriately.
- Business Analyst - Work alongside business and technical colleagues, and partners, to build requirements and user stories. Develop fit for purpose solutions to meet the change objective.
- Business readiness – Work collaboratively with scheme colleagues impacted by change to design and implement a solution with clear accountability that is sustainable and will optimise benefits. Take responsibility for impact assessment, stakeholder identification, communication, training, and wider eco system engagement, ensuring teams have the tools and techniques to own and embed their changes successfully
- Continuous Improvement – Adopt a curious mindset to identify opportunities for improvement and work with stakeholders to create and deliver solutions to add value to business performance. Support and develop the scheme’s change capability and culture by coaching teams with supporting knowledge transfer of tools and techniques, to promote the creation of a network of change agents capable of delivering own improvement initiatives
- Agile Working - Work with all Agile disciplines and practises, selecting the most effective tools and techniques to apply to enable the most effective and efficient delivery across the technology and business teams
- Act as a trusted advisor, working in collaboration with our customers and partners to design the most appropriate approach to deliver Change and Transformation
- Develop and continuously enrich effective working relationship with technical delivery teams ensuring technical platform improvements are supported by robust impact assessment and operational readiness planning.
- Be an active member of the change and transformation community, sharing best practice and knowledge across all aspects of change delivery and actively seek and deliver continuous improvement to optimise our change delivery capability
My Knowledge – what I need to know
- Leadership - Demonstrating gravitas through leading virtual and physical hybrid teams comprising of business, delivery and partnership areas, and external suppliers. Applying ‘thought leadership’ to lead the organisations thinking regarding Change and Transformation
- Strategic Thinking – Positively challenging business leaders and teams to ensure we are doing the right things to achieve the transformation and strategic roadmap for the scheme
- Facilitation - Use expert facilitation tools and techniques to bring people together from across the organisation, partnership, stakeholder groups and external third parties – facilitating their collaboration and to deliver change
- Stakeholder Management - Managing diverse stakeholders and their varying requirements and styles. Leading stakeholders to build trust in the change and transformation team to deliver the right thinking, environment, and solutions across the whole of the change journey
- Innovation - Continual focus on new and evolving ways to improve solutions and business performance. Demonstrating ‘out of the box’ thinking to challenge the norm and create higher business performance
- Desirable qualifications:
- PRINCE 2/ APMP Practitioner /APMP Agile PM
- AMPG Change Management /Prosci
- Business Process Management - Lean Six Sigma
- BCS Business Analysis qualification/APMP Agile Practitioner.
We asked employees of FSCS how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FSCS
City of London
What employees are saying
A really flexible place to work, that embraces the 'your day, your way' philosophy. Very inclusive to different circumstances. For me it means I get a solid 'work life' balance around child care and work. Love it :)