Product Management Facilitator (9-month Contract)
Fully flexible hours
Job Type: 10-15 hrs per week / 9 month contract
Reports to: Manager of Student Experience
As an industry expert, the facilitator will work in conjunction with a developed curriculum, designed by KCL, in collaboration with employers and tech companies to ensure that learners gain full understanding of course topics. They will bring the content to life through the sharing of extensive industry knowledge and experience, and bring real-life relevance to the subjects covered.
The facilitator will prepare and deliver weekly synchronous student classes, masterclasses, and support social learning discussions by posting, moderating and responding to comments throughout the career accelerator, via the course online platform. They will additionally have the opportunity to support learners on a 1:1 basis with any curriculum questions or queries they may have.
They will guide, encourage, inspire and motivate learners throughout their journey, and be responsible for marking and the provision of constructive qualitative feedback on learner projects and assessments.
The ideal candidate will hold significant and current industry experience closely aligned to the subject areas, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to engage people across digital platforms. They will have prior experience delivering education to adult learners at professional or postgraduate level and be an evangelist for their business and sector, and ideally be a recognised leader within the data industry.
The facilitator will not only be passionate about the power of education, but keenly interested in the future of education and work, and have a deep desire to be involved in supporting individuals to achieve the next goal in their career.
They will work collaboratively with the student success team to ensure learners remain engaged and aligned to their goals throughout the duration of the six-month programme.
Roles which a suitable candidate could be currently working in (indicative, not exhaustive);
- Senior Product Manager
- Lead Product Manager
- Principal Product Manager
- Group Product Manager
- Head of Product
- Director of Product
We would look for the following skills and personality traits from the ideal candidate;
- Product design
- Product development
- Be an evangelist for their business and sector
- Deep want to share knowledge, and give back to their industry
- Be passionate about developing the next generation of data talent
- Be flexible and collaborative in their approach
- Excellent EQ
- A clear and concise communicator
- Build rapport easily, especially in a digital sphere
- Excellent explanatory skills
- Previous experience of teaching/facilitating/mentoring (ideally within an online course environment).
Relevant Industry Experience
- End-to-end product management, including:
- Articulating product strategy
- User research
- Product discovery & validation
- Product roadmapping
- Backlog management
- Testing and validation
- Ongoing product monitoring and improvement
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
- Departmental leader (desirable)
- Facilitator / Online Mentor within the relevant subject matter (desirable)
- Demonstrable interest in the future of Product Management (essential)
- A recognised leader within their field (desirable)
- Holds a degree from, or is affiliated with, KCL (desirable)
Main duties and responsibilities
- Create and deliver engaging, authentic industry-leading classes aligned to their areas of deep expertise.
- Ensure learner understanding of the curriculum, course content and key concepts;
- Bring the content to life through a real-life relevance lens, to provide insight into business use cases, and the value and importance of the subject matter in business today.
- Support learners to complete project milestones;.
- Encourage and motivate learners throughout the course by guiding social learning discussions that drive learner engagement with specific concepts and business applications. Posting, moderating and responding to learner comments throughout the course.
- Deliver live sessions across numerous timezones.
- Provide feedback on learner project submissions.
- Grade learner project assessments in a timely manner.
Key selection criteria
- Discipline expertise, in-depth knowledge and skills relevant and current to course objectives.
- A practising industry professional in roles relevant to course objectives.
- Demonstrable teaching and mentoring experience at professional or postgraduate level with a passion to develop the next generation of talent.
- Engaging communication style that drives student engagement and success.
- Industry certifications (desirable).
- Masters degree-educated (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build digital learner relationships, empathy and support learning outcomes.
- An ability to engage with and navigate communication and learning technologies.
- An industry leader (desirable).
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
In less than two years we have partnered with ten of the world's most recognized technology companies to deliver cutting edge courses with universities in Australia, the UK and the US. Our unwavering commitment to quality, student outcomes and shared value partnerships has resulted in excellent growth and investment from leading US and European EdTech VCs. We have been recognised by JISC as one of the top 20 edtech start-ups in the UK and by HolonIQ in the ANZ top-50.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!
Our DEI Commitment
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at FourthRev. We aim to continue building a team with a variety of backgrounds, identities, and life experiences. Research has shown that historically underrepresented groups, such as people with disabilities, women, and people of color, are less likely to apply for a job unless they completely match all the criteria and qualifications.
If you feel that you do not meet every single requirement listed in the job description but you are excited about the opportunity and feel a connection to our vision and values we encourage you to submit your application
If you are not selected for this role, we will add you to our talent pool and continue to engage with you should a role arise that better aligns with your skillset and experience.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FourthRev provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FourthRev is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FourthRev
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
I love that I’m given the responsibility to work in a way that is best for me. It’s inspiring seeing colleagues work from temporary locations around the world and as long as you get your job done, it's completely fine!
More roles at FourthRev
- Student Enrolment Advisor - South Africa
- Senior Brand Designer - Marketing & Branding
- Executive Career Coach - Australia
- Student Success Manager - Australia
- Programme Operations Coordinator - Australia
- Lead Student Success Manager - United Kingdom
- Manager of Student Experience - Australia
- Product Owner
- Student Success Manager
- Lead Student Success Manager - South Africa