Lead Student Success Manager - South Africa
Fully flexible hours
As our Lead Student Success Manager you will lead a team of Student Success Managers who will be the key contact for learners enrolled with the career accelerator programme and be responsible for ensuring & enabling learner success at every step.
The team will support, encourage and guide learners through their career accelerator journey, instilling comfort and confidence in the learner. From welcoming learners to the course, assisting them in planning their study time structure, goal setting, reflections, through to identifying potential blockers and hurdles for the individual learner, and helping them overcome those barriers.
You will manage, coach, and oversee the team to become high performing in order to establish sector-leading student retention and success rates. You will be able to deal with complex student cases and establish a culture of ‘how we can’ to achieve ambitious targets.You will lead on our retention and success service design as well as be a key voice for students internally working with the Product team to continuously develop and improve our product and overall student experience.
What your day to day will look like with us
- Oversee and manage the student success team providing line management and coaching to Student Success Managers
- Act as the escalation point for complex learner cases to resolve problems and ensure a smooth journey and successful learner outcomes
- Manage and refine our student success quality assurance systems
- Lead on student retention and success service design and proactively seek solutions to help learners be as effective and successful as possible
- Liaise with various partner stakeholders (e.g. university partner or employer partner) to swiftly resolve any issues
- Utilise student, facilitator and partner queries to build organisational systems, processes and other assets which can be utilised on an ongoing basis as the organisation grows
- Represent the voice of the customer in various organisational meetings, planning sessions and other activities
- Manage student community content that supports, encourages and enables learner engagement and success
- Develop and deliver high quality student success documentation to ensure students have clear, concise course communications
- Identify potential blockers for learners, and proactively seek to provide solutions to enable progression
- Take overall responsibility for the end-to-end process of onboarding of new students
- Enable the student success team to be a key, trusted, and supportive contact for students throughout the entire programme life-cycle working with course facilitators and career coaches to ensure students achieve their learning and career goals
- Be confident working with the Product team through student queries and being the voice of the student internally
- Facilitate ongoing student feedback and sentiment through analysing surveys and creating reports
- Regularly report back on student experience findings and insights
- Experiment through iterations with a continuous improvement mindset in order to improve our internal processes and create efficiencies
- Turn existing time-consuming processes into sustainable and scalable automated tasks when possible
What you’ll need to succeed
- Equivalent experience within a similar role
- Demonstrate and manage potentially complex and sensitive cases and handle personal information with tact and confidentiality
- Live and breathe student success and retention
- Managerial experience in higher education related to student retention and success
- Significant experience in problem solving with learners and support teams
- Ability to identify, prioritise, and manage risk
- Sensitivity and empathetic understanding of diversity (students, peers, clients)
- The ability to lead through ambiguity with a focus on ‘how we can’
- Expertise in community management, service design, and delivery and ops of higher education programmes
- Experience in managing student mentoring, coaching, and student success programmes
- Strong analytical thinking and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to balance delivering an incredible student experience while working within a commercial setting
- Understanding of the digital skills industries, and those which students will look to be entering
- Previous experience of working with postgraduate students at start or mid career stage
- Coaching training and or qualification
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
In less than two years we have partnered with ten of the world's most recognized technology companies to deliver cutting edge courses with universities in Australia, the UK and the US. Our unwavering commitment to quality, student outcomes and shared value partnerships has resulted in excellent growth and investment from leading US and European EdTech VCs. We have been recognised by JISC as one of the top 20 edtech start-ups in the UK and by HolonIQ in the ANZ top-50.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!
Our DEI Commitment
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at FourthRev. We aim to continue building a team with a variety of backgrounds, identities, and life experiences. Research has shown that historically underrepresented groups, such as people with disabilities, women, and people of color, are less likely to apply for a job unless they completely match all the criteria and qualifications.
If you feel that you do not meet every single requirement listed in the job description but you are excited about the opportunity and feel a connection to our vision and values we encourage you to submit your application
If you are not selected for this role, we will add you to our talent pool and continue to engage with you should a role arise that better aligns with your skillset and experience.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FourthRev provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FourthRev is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FourthRev
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
I love that I’m given the responsibility to work in a way that is best for me. It’s inspiring seeing colleagues work from temporary locations around the world and as long as you get your job done, it's completely fine!
More roles at FourthRev
- Email Marketer
- Lead Learning Experience Designer
- Video Editor (Contract Position)
- Product Management Facilitator (9-month Contract)
- Senior Brand Designer - Marketing & Branding
- Career Coach Community Manager - Australia
- Student Success Manager - Australia
- Programme Operations Coordinator - Australia
- Manager of Student Experience
- Product Owner