Your Mission (what we want this role to accomplish and the impact it will have)
As the course industry expert, the facilitator will work in conjunction with a developed curriculum, designed by LSE, in collaboration with employers and tech companies and learners to ensure their full understanding of the topics. They will bring the content to life through the sharing of extensive industry knowledge, and bring real-life relevance to the subjects covered.
The facilitator will prepare, and deliver synchronous student webinars, masterclasses, and support social learning discussions by posting and responding to comments throughout the career accelerator, via the course platform.
They will guide, encourage and motivate learners through their journey, and be responsible for the marking and provision of feedback on learner projects and assessments.
The expert facilitator will not only be passionate about the power of education, but interested in the future of education and work, and have a keen desire to be involved in supporting individuals to achieve the next goal in their career. They will work collaboratively with the student success team to ensure learners remain engaged, and aligned to their goals, whilst progressing through the course.
What your day to day will look like with us (responsibilities & structure of this role)
- Create and deliver engaging, authentic industry-leading webinars aligned to their areas of deep expertise.
- Ensure learner understanding of the curriculum, course content and key concepts.
- Bring the content to life through a real-life relevance lens, to provide insight into business use cases, the value and importance of the subject matter in business today.
- Support learners to complete project milestones.
- Encouraging and motivating learners throughout the course by guiding social learning discussions that drive learner engagement with specific concepts and business applications. Posting and responding to learner comments throughout the course.
- Delivering live sessions across numerous time zones.
- Providing feedback on learner project submissions.
- Grading learner project assessments.
What you’ll need to succeed (personal attributes & experience requirements)
- Extensive full lifecycle Data Analytics experience, minimum 6 years experience
- Excellent understanding of a range of data analytical tools and software (Excel, Tableau, SQL, Python, R and Rstudio).
- Demonstrable interest in the future of Data Analytics.
- Departmental or industry leader (desirable).
- Facilitator / Online Mentor within the relevant subject matter (desirable).
- Has a bachelor's degree (Masters Degree educated desirable).
- Holds a degree from, or is affiliated with LSE would be preferred (desirable).
- Industry certifications where applicable.
- Discipline expertise, in-depth knowledge and skills relevant and current to course objectives.
- A practising industry professional in roles relevant to course objectives.
- Demonstrable teaching and mentoring capability at professional or Masters level with a passion to develop the next generation of talent.
- Engaging communication style that drives student engagement and success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build learner relationships, empathy and support learning outcomes.
- An ability to engage and navigate communication and learning technologies
- Be an evangelist for their business and sector.
- Be flexible and collaborative in their approach.
- Excellent emotional intelligence.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- Builds rapport easily.
- Excellent explanatory skills.
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
In less than two years we have partnered with ten of the world's most recognized technology companies to deliver cutting edge courses with universities in Australia, the UK and the US. Our unwavering commitment to quality, student outcomes and shared value partnerships has resulted in excellent growth and investment from leading US and European EdTech VCs. We have been recognised by JISC as one of the top 20 edtech start-ups in the UK and by HolonIQ in the ANZ top-50.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!
Our DEI Commitment
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at FourthRev. We aim to continue building a team with a variety of backgrounds, identities, and life experiences. Research has shown that historically underrepresented groups, such as people with disabilities, women, and people of color, are less likely to apply for a job unless they completely match all the criteria and qualifications.
If you feel that you do not meet every single requirement listed in the job description but you are excited about the opportunity and feel a connection to our vision and values we encourage you to submit your application
If you are not selected for this role, we will add you to our talent pool and continue to engage with you should a role arise that better aligns with your skillset and experience.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FourthRev provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FourthRev is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FourthRev
Gender diversity (male:female)