Overview of FLYR Hospitality
FLYR Hospitality is on the mission to help commercial teams capture the $100+ billion revenue leakage generated by manual, opinion-based, and reactive commercial decision making. Today we have 1,000+ customers in 45 countries, for whom we manage over $3B of annual revenue.
What this role means to us
Technology is core to what we do at FLYR. Our SaaS platform is used daily by an extensive global customer base to understand and optimise their businesses and our analytics engineers are crucial to delivering that platform.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll work alongside the product and platform delivery teams to architect, develop and maintain our core data infrastructure and pipelines, ensuring data is reliably ingested, stored, and ready for use by the product teams. This role will be the main owner for all our data pipelines; designing, implementing and advising on new data architectures is a key part of the role.
You can lean more about the product delivery function at FLYR Hospitality HERE.
The interview process for this role is described in detail HERE.
- Maintain existing data contracts and storage, ensuring smooth operation of the data transformation layer; implementing, maintaining, and scaling robust pipelines for production data workloads.
- Assist product and platform teams with data quality and availability queries.
- Work collaboratively with other data domain heavy teams to scale data governance initiatives, and enable streamed data pipelines for in-app analytics features.
- Enable internal product delivery teams to build scalable and robust data features from a single consumable source whilst ensuring data sources and operations are run in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Work with product (and occasionally platform) teams to architect and deliver forward-looking initiatives—for example adding new data sources to the existing indices, or building out completely new pipelines and indices to support a new data feature being built by an application team.
- Be the primary point of contact for data architecture, owning the product and supporting:
- – Elastic instances
- – BigQuery instances
- – Google Dataflow (ETL/reverse ETL) and Google Workflows
- – CI/CD (Zuul) pipelines for product supporting repositories
- – Data orchestration for transformation layer
Who we're looking for? Excellent people who
- Take ownership of their work; from design, to code, to security and operation.
- Feel empowered by a team that relies on them to solve problems with unique skill sets.
- Relish solving problems with a lot of autonomy. Our team is collectively responsible for what gets built, not any exec or big customer that's been sold something which doesn't yet exist.
- Have experience in a complex. data heavy environment—multiple ETL processes and streams, complex transforms and large data volumes—supporting customer facing systems.
- Have deep understanding of data-centric architecture concepts such as data streaming and messaging systems, data pipeline orchestration, ETL, production BI environments/tooling, NoSQL document stores.
- Have demonstrable commercial experience of:
- – SQL and Python
- – ElasticSearch
- – Relevant RDBMS (BigQuery, PostgreSQL)
- – Google Cloud Platform (ideally Pub/Sub, Workflows, Cloud Run)
- – Pipeline Orchestration with Dagster, Airflow or similar
- – Data Transformation with dbt or similar
- – CI/CD systems
What can you expect from our process?
- Further detail on each stage of the process will be available after you’ve had an introductory conversation with our talent partners. We typically follow these steps:
- – Talent Team Interview
- – Pair-programming Interview
- – Solution Design Interview
- – Founder interview
What's in it for you?
- 🏢 Hybrid Team (3 days in office)
- ♾️ Unlimited annual leave
- 🐕 Dog friendly London office (for those who like to work in person)
- 🖥️ Work from home allowance/co-working space allowance
- 🏥 Private health insurance
- 💜 Mental health platform access. (We use Spill)
- 📈 Share options scheme
- 🤓 UK skilled worker visas
- 🧳 Company wide off-sites
- Team building days
- 👶 Work Place Nursery Benefit (only available to UK based employees)
- 🚀 Having a big impact in a well-funded, fast growing, B2B SaaS company (business unit of FLYR)
We asked employees of FLYR for Hospitality how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FLYR for Hospitality
Gender diversity (male:female)