What this role means to us
Technology is core to what we do at Pace. Our SaaS platform is used daily by an extensive global customer base to understand and optimise their businesses - and our analytics engineers are crucial to delivering that platform.As a Data Engineer, you’ll work alongside the product and platform delivery teams to architect, develop and maintain our core data infrastructure and pipelines, ensuring data is reliably ingested, stored, and ready for use by the product teams. This role will be the main owner for all our data pipelines; designing, implementing and advising on new data architectures is a key part of the role.
We’ve put together some information on the product delivery function at Pace HERE.
The interview process for this role is described in detail HERE.
- Maintain existing data contracts and storage, ensuring smooth operation of the data transformation layer; implementing, maintaining and scaling robust pipelines for production data workloads
- Assist product and platform teams with data quality & availability queries
- Working collaboratively with other data domain-heavy teams to scale data governance initiatives, and enabling streamed data pipelines for in-app analytics features
- Enable internal product delivery teams to build scalable and robust data features from a single consumable source whilst ensuring data sources and operations are run in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Work with product (and occasionally platform) teams to architect and deliver forward-looking initiatives - for example adding new data sources to the existing indices, or building out completely new pipelines and indices to support a new data feature being built by an application team
- Be the primary point of contact for data architecture, owning the product-supporting:
- Elastic instances
- BigQuery instances
- Google Dataflow (ETL/reverse ETL) & Google Workflows
- CI/CD (Zuul) pipelines for product-supporting repositories
- Data orchestration for transformation layer
Who we're looking for? People who align with some of the following areas….
- You take ownership of your work, from the design, to the code, to its security and operation. You feel empowered by a team that relies on you to solve problems with your unique skillset
- You relish solving problems with a lot of autonomy. You and your team are collectively responsible for what gets built, not any exec or big customer that's been sold something which doesn't exist yet.
- Experience in a complex. data-heavy environment - multiple ETL process and streams, complex transforms and large data volumes - supporting customer-facing systems
- Good understanding of data-centric architecture concepts such as data streaming and messaging systems, data pipeline orchestration, ETL, production BI environments/tooling, NoSQL document stores
- Demonstrable commercial experience of:
- SQL & Python
- relevant RDBMS (BigQuery, PostgreSQL)
- Google Cloud Platform (ideally Pub/Sub, Workflows, Cloud Run)
- Pipeline Orchestration with Dagster, Airflow or similar
- Data Transformation with dbt or similar
- CI/CD systems
What can you expect form our process?
- More details on each stage of the process will be available after you’ve had an initial chat with talent partners. In essence, we’d like to follow the following steps:
- Introductory call with a member of our Talent Team: Guppy or Aleks
- Pair-programming exercise and architecture conversation with a couple of the existing data team
- Chat with our CTO
- Chat with one of our founders
What's in it for you?
- 🏝️ Remote first team. Work from anywhere!
- ♾️ Unlimited annual leave
- 🐕 Dog friendly London office (for those who like to work in person)
- 🖥️ Work from home allowance/Co-working space allowance
- 🏥 Health insurance
- 💜 Mental health platform access. (We use Spill)
- 📈 Share options scheme
- 🤓 Skilled worker visas
- 🧳 Company wide holidays/off-sites
- Team building days/opportunities
- 👶 Work Place Nursery Benefit (only available to UK based employees)
- Having a big impact in a well-funded, fast growing, B2B SaaS company (part of, but separate from FLYRLabs.com)
We asked employees of FLYR for Hospitality how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FLYR for Hospitality
Gender diversity (male:female)