What this role means to us
Technology is core to what we do at Pace. Our SaaS platform is used daily by an extensive global customer base to understand and optimise their businesses - and our analytics engineers are crucial to delivering that platform. As an Analytics Engineer, you’ll work alongside the product delivery teams to architect, develop and build data-centric features and dashboards that will be directly used by a global customer base.
We’ve put together some information on the product delivery function at Pace HERE.
The interview process for this role is described in detail HERE.
- Be part of our team that is exclusively responsible for managing our business intelligence product.
- Develop and maintain robust data models: Create and optimize data models that support the organization's Business Intelligence product, ensuring accuracy, performance, and scalability.
- Design and implement data explores and dashboards: Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their reporting and analysis requirements, and then design and build interactive and visually appealing data explores and dashboards, enabling self-service analytics.
- Ensure data integrity and quality: Implement data validation processes and perform regular data quality checks to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and completeness of the underlying data used in the BI product.
- Optimize data pipelines and ETL processes: Identify opportunities to optimize data pipelines and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes using DBT, ensuring efficient and timely data extraction, transformation, and loading for the BI product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with data engineers, data scientists, and business stakeholders to gather requirements, understand data sources, and implement data transformations to deliver actionable insights and drive data-informed decision-making.
- Provide technical support and training: Assist users in navigating and understanding the BI product, provide technical support, and conduct training sessions to enable self-service analytics and enhance user adoption and proficiency.
Who we’re looking for…
- People who align with some of the following areas….
- You love working on product, shipping features, and delivering value to users.
- You want to succeed as a team. You enjoy working in a cross-functional team, and understand that everyone from developers and designers all the way to customer success play an equally important role in a company.
- You take ownership of your work, from the design, to the code, to its security and operation. You feel empowered by a team that relies on you to solve problems with your unique skillset.
- Significant commercial experience with the “modern data stack”: dbt, BigQuery, Looker. Any additional data-centric experience is a big plus!
- You relish solving problems with a lot of autonomy. You and your team are collectively responsible for what gets built, not any exec or big customer that's been sold something which doesn't exist yet.
What can you expect from our process?
- STAGE 1 - Introductory chat with the Talent Team (30 mins)
- STAGE 2- Pair-programming exercise (90 mins)
- STAGE 3 - CTO chat (30 mins)
- STAGE 4 - Founder chat (30 mins)
What’s in it for you?
- 🏝️ Remote first team. Work from anywhere!
- ♾️ Unlimited annual leave
- 🐕 Dog friendly London office (for those who like to work in person)
- 🖥️ Work from home allowance/Co-working space allowance
- 🏥 Health insurance
- 💜 Mental health platform access. (We use Spill)
- 📈 Share options scheme
- 🤓 Skilled worker visas
- 🧳 Company wide holidays/off-sites
- Team building days/opportunities
- 👶 Work Place Nursery Benefit (only available to UK based employees)
- Having a big impact in a well-funded, fast growing, B2B SaaS company (part of, but separate from FLYRLabs.com)
We asked employees of FLYR for Hospitality how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at FLYR for Hospitality
Gender diversity (male:female)