Software Engineer - .Net (Remote)
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools they need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
About this role
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Software Engineer .NET for our Team. The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and be willing to take on new responsibilities and input to the company’s growth.
In this job, you’ll…
- Millions of people will use your work! Flipdish helps people order food from their favourite restaurants.
After two years working with Flipdish, you should be able to add the following to your list of achievements:
- I worked on the re-architecture of our system, which initially was able to serve 3,000 online stores to being able to handle 50,000 stores
- You were instrumental in adding critical features for the continued success of our wealth of integrations
- I worked on scaling the system to provide high availability and provided valuable input to many more initiatives growing Flipdish's success.
We’re looking for
- You have a solid technical background, including 2+ years working in a professional development environment and experience in at least 4 of the following:
- ASP.NET MVC (C#) or WebAPI 2 (C#)
- .NET 6 or .NET Framework
- Cloud Platforms (Azure Functions preferred)
- CI/CD tools
- Entity Framework or MSSQL
- Test Frameworks & Tools (NUnit, XUnit, Moq, or other)
- You have experience in incremental planning, coordinating and delivering scalable production-ready code on a system with 24/7 availability.
- You understand the importance of a quality mindset, building scalable systems and leading by example across Engineering.
- You have experience of coaching, mentoring, guiding other Engineers, and leading by example.
- You have customer-first as a core value when delivering software, and you understand how to deliver work to maximise value to the business.
- You contribute to architectural discussions with a desire to make a positive impact on the team and the company above your own individual motivations.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
What you get
We’re a growing startup and we understand that amazing incentives will attract amazing talent. As well as the perks, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth. If you’re smart, ambitious, and hard-working, we’ll do whatever it takes to make you a Flipdisher!
Some of our incentives include:
🏡 Flexible working - work in a way that works for you
🌴25 days holidays per year and plenty of company get togethers!
❤️🩹 Healthcare coverage for UK, Irish, and US employees
👩🏾🎓 Access to training and educational sponsorship
🎭 Team meet-ups and social events
🔗 You can read more about our benefits here
🦄 About Flipdish
We’re Flipdish, an Irish unicorn (valued at over $1bn), serving independent restaurants in a world transformed by tech. No matter how fast Flipdish has grown, we’ve evolved around our customers and their needs. We’re not just an end-to-end ecosystem of technology, but a team committed to supporting people in the food industry.
We go to great lengths to understand our customers (check out our C-suite on work experience). We’re food industry natives. We’ve worked in busy kitchens and run busy restaurant franchises. We don’t just help our customers deal with real life problems, we give them a way of competing with the big chains, growing on their own terms, and falling back in love with what they do.
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. Every Wednesday is meeting-free and we get Summer Fridays (Fridays off during the summer). And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
We’re flexible employers. We have teams based on both sides of the Atlantic who get their jobs done both from home and from some of our beautiful offices in bustling cities like New York, London, Barcelona, and Dublin.
So, if you want to join a genuinely friendly team, take a look at our current openings and get in touch. And if you don’t see an opening just yet, do get in touch and register your interest with us anyway. We’ll be in touch as soon as something suitable opens up.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.
We asked employees of Flipdish how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Remote Friendly with offices in Dublin, London, Liverpool & Manchester
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)