Product Manager - Mobile Apps
Our Consumer Experience product teams build mobile, web, self-service kiosk applications and payment experiences for thousands of clients, and millions of end-users. The applications end-users order their favourite food on is a direct interface between them and our clients’ brand. These consumer applications are arguably the most critical touchpoints for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our product teams across the globe.
As a product manager in our Consumer Experience team you will own one of the consumer product lines, working directly with a highly skilled team of designers, developers, QA architects and managers, to build the most impactful consumer applications in the food ordering industry.
You will be responsible for identifying and justifying what we should build next. You will be empowered to uncover the problems and opportunities for your product, have access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Our product managers are hands-on and expected to apply themselves equally to tactical and strategic activities. You will be aligned with an engineering team and expected to provide a high quality backlog of requirements while at the same time devising a longer term roadmap of prioritised features that map against our strategy.
What You'll Do
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of our business strategy, the market we operate in, and our client and end-user needs.
- Track the competitive landscape closely. Our competitors are aggressively investing in their product and new players are consistently emerging. You should be on top of what they are doing and why. You should articulate if and how it should influence our product decisions.
- You’ll be expected to know when changes in food ordering trends could and should affect your roadmap. You will need to be able to distinguish the signal from the noise.
- Identify and prioritise the problems and the needs which define your product roadmap, focusing on those with maximum impact and which are aligned with our product strategy.
- Develop a set of commercially focused metrics for your product features that you will measure yourself against
- Collate the great ideas that are generated every day across our business to manage a prioritised backlog of quick win “always improving” features which will continually delight our clients and end-users.
- Work closely with other products team to identify cross team dependencies early and makes sure everyone agrees what they have to do, when, to realise that value
- Continually provide vision and direction to your team and stakeholders
- Ensure that the team always has a more-than-adequate, well defined, prioritised and clearly articulated backlog of work
- Lead the planning of product releases and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product building
- Adept at using your knowledge and experience to influence others
- Disciplined and determined
- Naturally motivated
- Proactive and don’t wait to be told what to do
- Always looking to be challenged and do not shy away from change
- Pedantic about the quality of what you release
- Friendly and empathic
- You are an experienced Product Manager
- B2C experience on web/mobile/kiosk applications
- You're technical and analytical. Maybe you cut your teeth in a development, quality assurance or business analyst background and were naturally drawn to Product over the subsequent years.
- You're commercially aware. You understand that software isn't free to build and maintain, and you can justify your decisions by displaying an understanding of how it will potentially impact the bottom line
- You are comfortable in creating hard metric based goals for yourself and your product and holding yourself to them.
- You're allergic to bad UX. You won't need to be able to create a high fidelity design or interactive prototypes, but you can quickly whip up a visual to communicate a user flow and start a conversation. You can spot UX issues in existing products and have opinions on how to fix them
- You're familiar with multiple software development methodologies. You've used multiple before and learned lessons with each of them
- Your product is a critical part of our strategy so you can expect both stakeholders and clients to be very active commentators and have strong opinions on the direction of your product. You are comfortable with this scenario and confident you can manage expectations in the right way, which is sometimes saying “no”.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 6000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flipdish provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flipdish is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Fully Remote with offices in Dublin, London, Liverpool, New York & Barcelona
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)
What employees are saying
I love that I don't have to travel to the office every day. It saves me so much money! I can also go visit my family who live in another country and work from there so I don't have to use my holiday allowance.
Anonymous Flipdish Employee