Head of FP&A
Flipdish allows restaurants to take orders online in an instant. Our technology powers millions of transactions across thousands of restaurants worldwide. With a branded website, mobile app, or self-service kiosk powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on marketplace platforms.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of growth, as we rapidly expand our teams in Ireland, UK, and internationally.
This position is a newly created position due to ongoing growth and expansion within the company. It is a key role in the organisation as you will be responsible for company wide financial planning in Flipdish.
What You'll Do
- This will include forecasting, budgeting, scenario planning & ad-hoc financial modelling. You will primarily collaborate with P&L owners across the business & the finance team to deliver this output.
- Ensure financial performance & outlook is communicated to senior management, in an easily digestible format. This will include making informed recommendations to strengthen our financial outlook.
- Review actuals vs forecast & budget
- Ensuring all HQ P&L owners stay within opex budgets
- Maintain a 12 month rolling forecast
- Own the annual budgeting process
- Contribute to quarterly board reporting & ad-hoc analysis required
- Contribute to any possible future fundraise rounds
- Reviewing impact of M&A opportunities on our financial plans
- Ownership of the reporting structure, data inputs & outputs from our F,P&A software
- Responsible for the accuracy & timeliness of financial reporting.
- You have been a leader within a 'best in class' F,P&A function of a fast growing software business
- You have a track record of developing F,P&A frameworks & processes, within reputable F,P&A software
- You are very comfortable working cross functionally & alongside P&L owners
- You have a track record of delivering continuous improvement in F,P&A, over a sustained period of time
- You can clearly demonstrate examples of influencing decision making & making recommendations
- You have a track record of maintaining accurate data, delivering timely reporting & managing competing priorities
- Qualified accountant with over 2 years post qualification experience
- Proficient in MS Office & experience working with reputable F,P&A software
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Experience with F,P&A Software such as Planful Solver, Porphix, Adaptive Planning etc.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Positive can-do attitude
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Bike to Work, Taxsaver Scheme, paid Sick Leave
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
- Employee referral bonus programme
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280 digital food retailing enthusiasts, 6000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flipdish provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flipdish is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Fully Remote with offices in Dublin, London, Liverpool, New York & Barcelona
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)
What employees are saying
I love that I don't have to travel to the office every day. It saves me so much money! I can also go visit my family who live in another country and work from there so I don't have to use my holiday allowance.
Anonymous Flipdish Employee