Field Implementation Specialist - Dublin
🦄 About Flipdish
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools they need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
🎯 About this role
Flipdish is seeking a skilled and experienced Field Implementation Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and configuring our restaurant technology solutions at customer sites, ensuring that the software and hardware are properly installed, and providing training and support to restaurant staff. This role requires a high level of technical expertise, strong communication skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
You will need a full driving licence to be considered for this position.
✅ What You’ll Do:
- Become a Flipdish product guru, knowing all the ins-and-outs of how customer accounts are set up and can be configured to meet their specific requirements
- Learn the ideal flow of a restaurant, in order to provide valuable insights to our customers on how to best leverage our technology to improve their operations
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and requirements, leveraging your knowledge to upsell Flipdish products and recommend appropriate solutions
- Manage the end-to-end implementation process for our restaurant technology solutions at customer sites, including POS systems, online ordering platforms, mobile apps, and kiosks
- Install and configure software and hardware components, including POS terminals, printers, and payment systems. This may include running cable, drilling holes and mounting equipment to walls, floors, and ceilings
- Provide on-site training and support to restaurant staff on the use of our technology
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and technical issues, escalating to higher-level support as necessary
- Work closely with our Onboarding team to manage projects and ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions and technical issues, and provide regular status updates to the team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, acting as a trusted advisor and advocate for their needs
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and technologies, and provide feedback to our product development team to improve our solution
⭐ The ideal candidate
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service, technology implementation, or restaurant operations
- You are organised, responsive, detail oriented and, most importantly, you have a strong bias for action (i.e. you get things done). We are looking for someone who is extremely proactive in their work and can take the lead on keeping the ball rolling
- You are familiar with restaurant point-of-sale technology, or have experience working in a restaurant
- You are a strong and professional communicator, and are comfortable presenting as the customer-facing representative of Flipdish
- You have the ability of resolving complex problems and taking a proactive approach to analysing issues and generating solutions
- You are a doer who is unfazed by ambiguity and who thrives under pressure. The team at Flipdish works in a supportive, but rapid pace, and we are looking for someone with the intellectual and practical firepower to keep up
- You are comfortable using power tools, such as a drill, to install equipment
- You are able to lift and carry heavy equipment up to 50 lbs
- You have a valid driver's licence
- You are willing to work flexible hours and travel to client sites as needed
🎁 What you get
We’re a growing startup and we understand that amazing incentives will attract amazing talent. As well as the perks, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth. If you’re smart, ambitious, and hard-working, we’ll do whatever it takes to make you a Flipdisher!
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. Every Wednesday is meeting-free and we get Summer Fridays (Fridays off during the summer). And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.
We asked employees of Flipdish how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Remote Friendly with offices in Dublin, London, Liverpool & Manchester
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)