Automation Engineer (Salesforce) - Karachi
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools they need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
About this role…
As we continue to expand, Flipdish is growing its Salesforce team, responsible for building and maintaining our Salesforce infrastructure. We are seeking an exceptional Automations and Salesforce Engineer to join our team in Karachi, ensuring that we maximise the value of our Salesforce platform with a focus on supporting our Operations team. We expect the candidate to be able to travel to our Karachi office at least 4 days a week.
In this job, you’ll…
- Develop customised solutions within the Salesforce platform (Apex, Lightning and Aura) to support critical business functions and meet company goals.
- Design and implement APIs and web services to integrate Salesforce with other platforms and data sources.
- Create and maintain custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, workflows, and processes related to custom development.
- Research and implement third-party tools to support integration efforts.
- Work closely with business teams to understand requirements and translate them into technical solutions including specifications for user interfaces, customised applications and interactions with external platforms
- Implementing a robust testing and change management process through as much automation as possible
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot existing integrations with external platforms, through the use of good observability practices and automated tooling
- Ensure system compliance with company policies, security standards, and established best practice.
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions for complex software defects.
- Document system configurations, development, and data flow processes.
- Provide technical support, training, and assistance to other team members.
- Continuously explore opportunities to enhance system efficiency, automation, and integration capabilities.
We’re looking for…
At least 5 years of professional software development experience, with a minimum of 3 years in Salesforce development (Lightning, VF, Apex).
Proficiency in web services (REST, SOAP) and API development.
Experience with SFDC specific IDEs, version control, and CI/CD tools (e.g. Github, VSCode, CircleCI, Jenkins etc)
Salesforce certifications such as Platform Developer I or II.
Excellent English communication skills for collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders.
Proven problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to analysis and solutions.
Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills.
Project management experience with a bias for action and unfazed by ambiguity.
🦄 About Flipdish
We’re Flipdish, an Irish unicorn (valued at over $1bn), serving independent restaurants in a world transformed by tech. No matter how fast Flipdish has grown, we’ve evolved around our customers and their needs. We’re not just an end-to-end ecosystem of technology, but a team committed to supporting people in the food industry.
We go to great lengths to understand our customers (check out our C-suite on work experience). We’re food industry natives. We’ve worked in busy kitchens and run busy restaurant franchises. We don’t just help our customers deal with real life problems, we give them a way of competing with the big chains, growing on their own terms, and falling back in love with what they do.
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. Every Wednesday is meeting-free and we get Summer Fridays (Fridays off during the summer). And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
We’re flexible employers. We have teams based on both sides of the Atlantic who get their jobs done both from home and from some of our beautiful offices in bustling cities like London & Dublin.
So, if you want to join a genuinely friendly team, take a look at our current openings and get in touch. And if you don’t see an opening just yet, do get in touch and register your interest with us anyway. We’ll be in touch as soon as something suitable opens up.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.
We asked employees of Flipdish how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Remote Friendly with offices in Dublin, London, Liverpool & Manchester
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)