Flash Pack is looking to expand our engineering team!
Our mission is to create 1 million friendships through the power of travel and technology. We do that by having people go on a boutique adventure on their own, and pairing them with others doing the same thing.
We are remote first & location agnostic, though we meet in London every 4-6 weeks.
We want the right person, not a checklist ticked. If you don’t quite hit all the criteria, you should still apply!
- You want to have input into what we’re building, not just how we build it.
- You like to get things done, that merge button is so satisfying.
- You’re keen to learn, understand that growth requires some failure and actively seek feedback on both your work and your style.
- You’re empathetic and able to express yourself.
- You get that the team is more important than yourself.
Day to day you will:
- Plan and deliver products and features for the web in a full-stack fashion, using the right tool for the job. (We use Typescript / React)
- Improve and maintain any services we build.
- Support your team and be the glue when necessary.
- Give back, and leave a ladder behind you.
You’ll do this in line with our engineering values:
- Simplicity is key
- Write it for the next engineer
Salary: The salary range for this role is between £80K - £105K depending on experience. We also offer stock options after your first year with the company.
We have trailblazer total pay transparency and allow you to choose your total compensation plan balancing salary and options to suit your personal financial goals.
- Chat with Morgan, our CPTO. This will be focused on motivations and behaviours, but will also include a short code-read exercise.
- Technical interview with Morgan, this will be more hands on in the language of your choice.
- Meet one other person from Flash Pack - e.g. our CEO Radha, CMO Lee or CFO Oli.
- You’ll get 25 days annual leave, 8 bank holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday - that’s 34 days in total
- A remote-first office. We don’t care where you work from as long as you hit your targets
- We have a flexible office space in Central London in 2022 where you can float in and out to brainstorm, catch-up, have 1-2-1s and socialise
- The opportunity to travel and experience a Flash Pack trip!
- A diverse and inclusive team, with people from all walks of life. We can sponsor work visas and help you relocate.
- Quarterly company-wide socials in London, and regular spontaneous work events
- Stock options that mean something
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
- Private health insurance including dependents
- Generous primary caregiver package, 16 weeks full pay
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flash Pack provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flash Pack is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flash Pack
Gender diversity (male:female)
53% Female 47% Male
UK (London) USA / AUS
What employees are saying
Flash Pack is an amazing company to work for. We are a close knit group where it's easy to talk to everyone no matter the hierarchy
Flash Pack Employee