Remote-first – with Co Working Space
Core hours 11–3
Flash Pack's mission is to create 1 million friendships through the power of travel and technology. In a world that increasingly plays out behind screens, we facilitate authentic friendships between people at the same life-stage. We are solving a unique problem for a prominent niche with our global brand appeal.
Who you are
- Outcome-focused - You naturally focus on the user and their problems, as opposed to the fine details of the solution
- Self-starting - You are comfortable going 0 to 1 with little more than high-level guidance
- Focused & fast-moving - Startup environments are distracting. You have the ability to block out the noise and deliver effectively
- Advocate of design culture - You value an open design culture and can relate to your team and the wider business through this philosophy
- Growth mindset - You understand that growth requires some failure and actively seek feedback on both your work and your style
- Express yourself - Be confident in your creative ideas and have the communication skills to present them
- Be nice - You get that the team is more important than yourself
What the job involves
- Solving for the user - you work to identify who our user is, constantly evaluate how our ideas address their needs and validate our designs with real feedback
- End-to-end product design - you will be heavily involved in every stage of the product discovery and development process; including research, ideation, journey-mapping, prototyping and testing
- Running user interviews - Design at Flash Pack has a deep involvement in Discovery and it is our job to deliver as much context as possible to the team
- Team-working - you will be collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional product team to solve user problems throughout the group-travel universe
- Improve the design ‘machine’ - we’re always aiming to improve how we do things. In tandem with product and engineering, you’ll develop design processes that help us deliver great user experiences more efficiently
- This is a remote-first role meaning that while it is contracted to the London office there is flexibility to work from home the majority of the time. The whole company currently meets in the London office once every six weeks for an on-site collaboration day and your team may meet a little more regularly for team working and ad hoc events such as onboarding and training. GMT +2 considered.
The salary range for this role is between £65K - £80K depending on experience. We also offer stock options after your first year with the company.
We have trailblazer total pay transparency and allow you to choose your total compensation plan balancing salary and options to suit your personal financial goals.
- You’ll get 25 days annual leave, 8 bank holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday - that’s 34 days in total
- A remote-first office. We don’t care where you work from as long as you hit your targets
- We have a flexible office space in Central London in 2022 where you can float in and out to brainstorm, catch-up, have 1-2-1s and socialise
- The opportunity to travel and experience a Flash Pack trip!
- A diverse and inclusive team, with people from all walks of life. We can sponsor work visas and help you relocate.
- Quarterly company-wide socials in London, and team-based socials and work events
- Stock options that mean something
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
- Generous primary caregiver package, 16 weeks full pay
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flash Pack provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flash Pack is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flash Pack
Gender diversity (male:female)
53% Female 47% Male
UK (London) USA / AUS
What employees are saying
Flash Pack is an amazing company to work for. We are a close knit group where it's easy to talk to everyone no matter the hierarchy
Flash Pack Employee