Flash Pack is looking to expand our tech team!
Our mission is to create 1 million friendships through the power of travel and technology. We do that by having people go on a boutique adventure on their own, and pairing them with others doing the same thing.
We are remote first, synchronous within the London +-2 timezone, and we meet in London quarterly so you'll need to be able to get to London semi-regularly.
We want the right person, not a checklist ticked. If you don’t quite hit all the criteria, you should still apply!
- You want to have input into what we’re building, not just how we build it.
- You like to get things done, that merge button is so satisfying.
- You’re keen to learn, understand that growth requires some failure and actively seek feedback on both your work and your style.
- You’re empathetic and able to express yourself.
- You get that the team is more important than yourself.
Day to day you will:
- Be the voice of data at Flash Pack. Know the data warehouse inside and out, and use that to be able to dive into questions live if needed.
- Plan and deliver data products in a full-stack fashion. Though your focus will be building reporting and answering high-level questions for the business, you may at times also be asked to step into data pipelining and infrastructure concerns.
- Improve and maintain any services we build.
- Support your team and be the glue when necessary.
- Give back, and leave a ladder behind you.
You’ll do this in line with our engineering values:
- Simplicity is key
- Write it for the next engineer
Salary: The salary range for this role is between £95K - £120K depending on experience. We also offer stock options after your first year with the company.
We have trailblazer total pay transparency and allow you to choose your total compensation plan balancing salary and options to suit your personal financial goals.
- Chat with one of our tech team. This will be focused on motivations and behaviours, but will also include a short code-read exercise.
- Technical interview with one of the data team or engineering leadership, this will be more hands on in the language of your choice.
- Meet one other person from Flash Pack - e.g. our CEO Radha, CMO Lee or CFO Oli.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flash Pack provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flash Pack is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flash Pack
Gender diversity (male:female)
53% Female 47% Male
UK (London) USA / AUS