Flash Pack is expanding and we're looking for an enthusiastic and eager Junior Customer Experience Specialist to join our Customer Experience team. You will primarily be responsible for performing administrative duties related to the onboarding of customers as their adventures approach, to ensure a seamless customer experience. You’ll ensure that customer details are accurately captured, provide customers with pre-trip information and support the wider team with other essential tasks.
As a member of the Customer Experience team, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, supporting the team in providing exceptional customer service to our customers. Outstanding attention to detail and a natural ability to problem-solve will be key factors in your success in this role.
Flash Pack's mission is to create 1 million friendships through the power of travel and technology. In a world that increasingly plays out behind screens, we facilitate authentic friendships between people at the same life-stage. We are solving a unique problem for a prominent niche with our global brand appeal.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing Pre-trip Operations: you will ensure that all customer details are correct for every tour, managing customer information such as personal details, dietary requirements, and any special requests. You will manage customer rooming lists and work closely with our local partners ensuring they have all the information they need to run a successful adventure.
- Customer Onboarding - you will ensure Flashpackers have a smooth onboarding experience by gathering and preparing their pre-trip documentation.
- Communicating with customers and suppliers - you will be responsible for communicating with customers and suppliers to ensure that all final deadlines are met. This includes managing all pre-trip information and issuing it to customers and partners.
- Process improvement - you will work within business timescales and departmental processes to complete your tasks. You will be empowered to make a real difference to the Customer Experience team by providing valuable insights and driving process improvements.
- Stakeholder management - you will work productively with our local partners as well as internal teams, continuously providing input to Adventure Ops, Tech and Sales on how we can improve the experience for flashpackers.
- Your responsibilities will regularly change and develop as the business grows, and it is important that you are comfortable getting involved in tasks outside your remit in order to help the business meet our key objectives.
You’ll do this in line with our company values.
Who you are
We want the right person so If you don’t quite hit all the criteria, you should still apply!
- You Simplify, Focus, Execute. You can manage your own time and prioritise tasks
- You pride yourself on service and prioritise in this order: Customer, Team, Self
- You have a Growth Mindset and a passion for continuous learning, readily absorbing new information
- You Embrace the Adventure and just roll with it, working well under pressure, showing good judgement and handling challenging situations. You understand that start-ups are unpredictable environments and you’re flexible and comfortable with a degree of chaos
- You’re nice. You demonstrate Humility and get that the team is more important than yourself
- You possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have meticulous attention to detail, demonstrating a methodical and thorough approach
- You have strong proficiency in spreadsheet management and organisation
- You’re not fazed by new technologies. You’re able to pick up new things quickly: we use a lot of web-based services
Salary: The salary range for this role is between £22,500 - £26,100 depending on experience. We also offer meaningful stock options after your first year with the company.
We have trailblazer total pay transparency and allow you to choose your total compensation plan balancing salary and options to suit your personal financial goals.
Location: We call our way of working ‘remote-flexible’. You can work from anywhere in the UK as long as you are happy to come to London every 4-6 weeks or so. If you enjoy more regular face to face interaction, living close to London would be advantageous.
Our Culture: We revolve around high performance, high conviction and humility. We value teamwork over grandiosity, great questions over corporate euphemisms and autonomy over conformity.
We care deeply about surrounding ourselves with ambitious, exceptional but humble people and believe that our culture is our greatest advantage against our competitors as well as thriving as the industry changes.
- A remote-first office. We don’t care where you work from as long as you hit your targets
- We have a flexible office space in Central London where you can float in and out to brainstorm, catch-up, have 1-2-1s and socialise
- A diverse and inclusive team, with people from all walks of life. We can sponsor work visas and help you relocate
- Unlimited mental health therapy & wellbeing support
Scroll down to the full list of benefits below.
- Stage 1 - CV Walkthrough & Activity with a member of the CX Team
- Stage 2 - Culture & Values interview with CX Manager
- Stage 3 - Meet a Founder, CPTO or CFO
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re led by a BAME, female CEO and building a diverse and inclusive team is incredibly important to us which is why we are building diversity and inclusion into the company hiring, performance and progression framework.
We see our diversity as a key competitive advantage which is why we are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.
If you have an additional accessibility or other requirement we haven’t considered, we will do our best to adapt and make sure your needs are met.
If you would like to talk to us about these efforts, or have suggestions for how we can do better, we would love to hear from you.
Once you apply, you will be sent a short EDI survey, it would help us immensely if you can complete it.
Flash Pack GDPR Compliance: Please take two minutes to read our Flash Pack Privacy Notice for Recruitment and learn how we will process your data.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flash Pack provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flash Pack is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flash Pack
Gender diversity (male:female)
53% Female 47% Male
UK (London) USA / AUS