Would you like to help Flash Pack build 1 million meaningful friends across the globe using the power of travel? If that sounds exciting and email marketing is your thing, then this role might be for you.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our growing Performance Marketing team and own our email marketing activity. As our investment in marketing and our customer base grows, we want to continue to execute data-informed email campaigns with world class creative, while exploring new opportunities for revenue creation.
You’ll be working alongside our in-house creative team and supported by our Director of Performance marketing, with full autonomy over the strategy and delivery of our email campaigns. You’ll be trusted and empowered from day 1 to deliver against ambitious revenue targets, for which we believe email marketing will play a crucial role.
What you’ll do:
- Set the long-term strategy for what email marketing means at Flash Pack, growing our ability to deliver meaningful communication to customers and non-customers alike over their lifetimes.
- Own the day-to-day email execution across for everything from converting new customers to re-engaging past ones for exciting new trips, through ideating our calendar to building out campaigns and measuring impact.
- Be the in-house expert on all things email and on Klaviyo; the email platform we use for our marketing activity.
- Support other teams in the business where needed, for example on the creation of our transactional emails — run from our own platform.
- Work closely with the content and creative team to produce world class email design, and provide actionable insights for them to iterate from.
- Run an ongoing A/B and multivariate testing program to continually improve the KPIs we obsess over — open rates, click-through rates, email-attributed revenue and repeat booking rates.
- Report back on this data — we care about insights and learnings over the actual metrics, so knowing how to make decisions from this data is what’s most important.
- Manage tracking, data pipelines and technical implementations, working with engineering and data teams where needed.
- Look for opportunities to expand on our current campaigns and automations, recognising that different groups are going to require different things.
The ideal candidate:
- Deep understanding of Klaviyo — you’re comfortable with integrations, have a mastery of automated flows, and can help our designers get the best out of their campaign builders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to run with a challenge but ask for help when needed. Experience working in an environment where autonomy is central to your role is crucial.
- Have managed all email campaigns in a previous role, and are comfortable making decisions on where to allocate time and resources based on data and experience.
- Strong knowledge of what works creatively, having worked with in-house or external creative teams on email design.
- Understanding of customer value, and comfortable working closely with finance and data teams to establish these values over time.
- Working knowledge of how email factors into attribution models and customer journeys; having an opinion on how to account for email activity, and practically helping us assign value to the channel.
- Experience running ongoing tests against clearly set hypotheses, and drawing actionable insights from the data to guide ongoing strategy.
- Competence in manipulating the above datasets in Excel/Sheets
- Experience running campaigns specific to the US market.
- Experience working within a high-growth startup.
- Experience in the travel industry.
Then join our mission to create one million friendships through group adventure – and a friendly and energetic global team on the cusp of worldwide expansion.
The salary range for this role is between £38,400 - £43,300, depending on experience; other markets' salaries can be shared on application. We're able to offer to candidates with +/- 5 hours of GMT, allowing for some crossover in core working hours with our UK-based team.
We also offer stock options after your first year with the company so your total compensation will be considerably more depending on the package you accept.
We have trailblazer total pay transparency and ask you to choose your total compensation plan by balancing salary and options to suit your personal financial goals.
The team: We have a talented marketing team made up of a variety of content producers, creatives and marketers, all supported by agencies, external content creators and contractors, as well as a Director of Performance Marketing and CMO who are actively growing the team.
Location: We call our way of working ‘remote-flexible’. You can work from anywhere in the UK as long as you are happy to come to London every 4-6 weeks or so. If you enjoy more regular face to face interaction, living close to London would be advantageous.
Our culture: We revolve around high performance, high conviction and humility. We value teamwork over grandiosity, great questions over corporate euphemisms and autonomy over conformity.
We care deeply about surrounding ourselves with ambitious, exceptional but humble people and believe that our culture is our greatest advantage against our competitors as well as thriving as the industry changes.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re led by a BAME, female CEO and building a diverse and inclusive team is incredibly important to us.
As we rebuild Flash Pack post-pandemic we’ll be focused on promoting self-education through our anti-racism and anti-sexism reading list and building diversity and inclusion into the company hiring, performance and progression framework.
If you would like to talk to us about these efforts, or have suggestions for how we can do better, we would love to hear from you.
Flash Pack is proud to be an equal opportunities employer: At Flash Pack we embrace diversity and see it as a key competitive advantage. There is always more we can do but that's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability. We’re a growing team and happy to make any accommodations we can for individual needs. If you have an additional accessibility or other requirement we haven’t considered, we will do our best to adapt and make sure your needs are met.
Flash Pack GDPR Compliance: Please take two minutes to read our Flash Pack Privacy Notice for Recruitment and learn how we will process your data.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Flash Pack provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Flash Pack is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Flash Pack
Gender diversity (male:female)
53% Female 47% Male
UK (London) USA / AUS
What employees are saying
Flash Pack is an amazing company to work for. We are a close knit group where it's easy to talk to everyone no matter the hierarchy
Flash Pack Employee