FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of VR and MR. We’re a funded scale-up on a mission to impact more lives than any other fitness company, and build a healthier world for everyone.
We started life in 2016 in a garden shed in the UK. Today, we’re building FitXR, one of the top-downloaded apps on the Meta Quest store. We’ve raised close to $40m from top investors such as Maveron, Hiro, BoostVC and TriplePoint.
We’re a remote-first team of just under 100 people from across the US, UK, and Spain, and we’re committed to making it simpler and more enjoyable for people to get moving. We believe that anybody can fall in love with fitness and make movement part of their life.
Our team is distributed across Europe and the US. We’re guided by our Principles of Play: eight core beliefs about how we treat each other and our community. We make space for every voice, believe in the importance of a learner’s mindset, and prioritize team success over individual glory.
The FitXR app contains a growing range of fitness studios, where members can choose from box workouts with world-class trainers like Olympian Nicola Adams, powerful HIIT workouts, and immersive dance classes. While nothing compares to trying it yourself, you can watch a trailer here.
FitXR is available on Meta Quest 2 and has been downloaded by over a million people worldwide. Featured in Forbes, Empire, T3, Washington Post, Men's Health, GQ and more. In 2022, FitXR ranked 6th in The Information’s 50 Most Promising Startups.
What you’ll do 👀
- Work closely with your cross-functional team to design, prototype and implement new features.
- Develop subject matter expertise in one or more areas of our product so that you can identify technical risks or opportunities, and help the team tackle them.
- Take the lead on medium-sized projects in the areas that you’re responsible for and deliver them on time and at high quality.
- Make well-reasoned decisions and trade-offs within your area of expertise to align the team’s prioritisation with company strategy and goals, tying activity back to having business relevance or to product metrics.
- Continuously build upon your knowledge of industry trends and apply your insight of how others solve similar problems to your domain and team.
- Assist other team members with their planning & tasks, especially where they are operating within your own area of expertise.
- Volunteer to coach, share skills, techniques and ways of working with your team.
- Own quality and performance for your area and proactively partner with QA to raise the bar.
You should apply if ✅
- Strength in C#.
- Great verbal and written communication skills. You’ll communicate well with technical and non technical stakeholders alike.
- Demonstrable game development experience on PC, console or mobile titles.
- Proven track record of successful releases, or equivalent amount of industry experience.
- Confidence using Unity OR Confidence using a commercial or in-house game engine. If you know other engine(s) we’d love to help you learn Unity.
- Comfortable using performance analysis tools and writing optimised code.
- Experience using source control systems.
Other Desired Skills and Experience - Having any one of these is an added plus:
- Other programming and scripting languages, and other domains (eg web frontend, backend services, editors / tools etc).
- Developing VR games or experiences.
- Prior work in non-gameplay fields. Everything counts but Graphics & UI are especially interesting to us.
- Development of systems consumed by other programmers or teams.
- Experience writing automated tests and implementing other quality measures.
- Familiarity with Perforce source control
- Familiarity with developing in a Continuous Integration environment.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 One In person Summit and three quarterly virtual Summits
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FitXR provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FitXR is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FitXR
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)