FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of VR and MR. We’re a funded scale-up on a mission to impact more lives than any other fitness company, and build a healthier world for everyone.
We started life in 2016 in a garden shed in the UK. Today, we’re building FitXR, one of the top-downloaded apps on the Meta Quest store. We’ve raised close to $40m from top investors such as Maveron, Hiro, BoostVC and TriplePoint.
We’re a remote-first team of just under 100 people from across the US, UK, and Spain, and we’re committed to making it simpler and more enjoyable for people to get moving. We believe that anybody can fall in love with fitness and make movement part of their life.
Our team is distributed across Europe and the US. We’re guided by our Principles of Play: eight core beliefs about how we treat each other and our community. We make space for every voice, believe in the importance of a learner’s mindset, and prioritize team success over individual glory.
The FitXR app contains a growing range of fitness studios, where members can choose from box workouts with world-class trainers like Olympian Nicola Adams, powerful HIIT workouts, and immersive dance classes. While nothing compares to trying it yourself, you can watch a trailer here.
FitXR is available on Meta Quest 2 and has been downloaded by over a million people worldwide. Featured in Forbes, Empire, T3, Washington Post, Men's Health, GQ and more. In 2022, FitXR ranked 6th in The Information’s 50 Most Promising Startups.
As a Senior Technical Artist you will be responsible for creating and establishing pipelines as the bridge between art, design and engineering to help us continue building world-class VR games.
What you’ll do 👀
- Help establish and maintain art creation tools and pipelines.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Define performance budgets and regularly audit game performance.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Contribute towards building new workflows and techniques.
- Help artists to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
You should apply if ✅
- You have experience of shipping multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of Unity.
- Experience creating tools for artists.
- Skilled with programming languages like C#, Python C++ or HLSL.
- A deep understanding of GPU and CPU.
- Good understanding of 3D production.
- Expert with one of the main 3D package like Maya, 3DsMax, Houdini
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- Good communication and attitude towards feedback and collaboration
Bonus Points 🎉
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with performance evaluation tools and profiling.
- Familiarity optimising on mobile devices
- Knowledge of shader programming languages and Amplify/Shader Graph.
- Understanding of PBR and mobile approximations.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
What you’ll be measured on 📈
- Demonstrated ability to build, grow and inspire a distributed team of technical artists and make sure standards are met.
- Supervise the Technical Art team and ensure the quality of the department’s work is at a high level.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, to find best solutions and get buy-in from key stakeholders and cross-functional partners to achieve business impact.
- Ability to take a step back and think about the larger picture while leading teams through the ambiguity and organisational shifts of a start-up spearheading AR/VR adoption.
- Mastery and experience working across multiple efforts and products.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen (talent team)
- Hiring Manager
- Cross-functional team interview
- Final interview
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben
which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱 £800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £600 per annum wellbeing budget
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Quest 2 VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance (optional)
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave (this include bereavement, adoption, paternity, maternity)
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FitXR provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FitXR is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FitXR
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)