FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of VR and MR. We’re a funded scale-up on a mission to impact more lives than any other fitness company, and build a healthier world for everyone.
We started life in 2016 in a garden shed in the UK. Today, we’re building FitXR, one of the top-downloaded apps on the Meta Quest store. We’ve raised close to $40m from top investors such as Maveron, Hiro, BoostVC and TriplePoint.
We’re a remote-first team of just under 100 people from across the US, UK, and Spain, and we’re committed to making it simpler and more enjoyable for people to get moving. We believe that anybody can fall in love with fitness and make movement part of their life.
We’re guided by our Principles of Play: eight core beliefs about how we treat each other and our community. We make space for every voice, believe in the importance of a learner’s mindset, and prioritize team success over individual glory.
The FitXR app contains a growing range of fitness studios, where members can choose from box workouts with world-class trainers like Olympian Nicola Adams, powerful HIIT workouts, and immersive dance classes. While nothing compares to trying it yourself, you can watch a trailer here.
FitXR is available on Meta Quest 2 and has been downloaded by over a million people worldwide. Featured in Forbes, Empire, T3, Washington Post, Men's Health, GQ and more. In 2022, FitXR ranked 6th in The Information’s 50 Most Promising Startups.
As a Senior 3D Artist you will be responsible for creating rich interactive 3D environments to support gameplay and core functionality and bring briefs to life. You will help establish workflows, incremental features and improve user experience to help us continue building a world-class VR fitness experience. You’ll land at FitXR at a very exciting moment for the Art and the wider team, producing environments and props based on a wide variety of themes that will inspire fitness enthusiasts and gamers alike. You´ll be a contributor in shaping the way we deliver the best fitness experience VR/MR can offer for all upcoming headsets.
- Create and maintain high quality 3D assets.
- Help establish and improve our 3D creation pipeline.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Combining mobile with next generation techniques to extend the boundaries of what’s possible in VR.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Contribute towards building new workflows and techniques.
- Help artists to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role with multiple games shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing your environment art and asset making abilities.
- Solid understanding of 3D production in Unity or UE4.
- Skilled with 3D and 2D tools such as 3DsMax, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Zbrush, Marmoset and Photoshop.
- A deep understanding of environment art.
- Experience creating documentation, briefs, style guides and concepts to support and hold the vision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- A solid understanding of composition and colour.
- Good communication and attitude towards feedback and collaboration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Ability in secondary areas such as 2D, concept art or level design.
- Knowledge of shader creation tools.
- Understanding of current art and design trends.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
What you’ll be measured on
- Your effectiveness at producing high quality 3D assets optimised for VR/MR within production schedules.
- Your ability to contribute at improving our 3D creation pipeline to extend the boundaries of what's possible in VR/MR.
- Your capacity to adapt and provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Your eagerness to support other artists to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen (talent team)
- Hiring Manager
- Cross-functional team interview
- Final interview including task
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben
which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱 £800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £600 per annum wellbeing budget
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Quest 2 VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance (optional)
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave (this include bereavement, adoption, paternity, maternity)
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FitXR provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FitXR is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FitXR
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)