VC Partnerships Manager
Remote-first – Team gathering once every two months
Core hours 10–4
VC partnerships is a great channel for us to convert new clients in new & existing markets. It has proven to be very effective so far and we want to double down on this strategy. This is were you come in! If you are passionate about building & managing relationships with VCs, keep reading, because we’d love you to consider being one of the founding members of our international expansion team ✨
✨ The most exciting parts
- Early stage + strong Product Market Fit = 🔥 As our first full-time dedicated VC Partnerships Manager, you’ll have a key role in designing the future of Figures. We’ve set some groundwork for this already, we know it’s working and you will be able to take and develop this we hope to an entirely new level.
- Huge impact 🙌 You’ll bring the first real-time compensation benchmark to European companies, which will bring them tons of value. We also strongly believe in the social impact of Figures - creating transparency & fairness around compensation and reducing market inequalities like the gender pay gap (check out this Sifted article, powered by Figures).
- Great teammates & work environment 🙏🏽 We take our “Why so serious?” value seriously, offer a ton of flexibility, and work a 9-day-fortnight.
- Taking risks means high rewards 🤑 Your equity grant will have a big potential financial upside.
🔮 About us
Figures was created in October 2020 by Virgile, who back then was an HR Director and got fed up with not having relevant compensation data for the start-up market in France, which led to endless discussions, negotiations, and therefore tons of internal inequality.
Joined by Bastien quickly after, they tackled this issue by creating the first compensation benchmark product for start-ups & scale-ups in France.
With 1,000+ clients across Europe, we can safely say that we found our Product Market Fit.
Our goal is now two-fold:
- Cement our position as the main European compensation benchmarking product for start-ups & scale-ups.
- Expand our product from pure benchmarking to compensation management as a whole.
Here is a short video about our mission & product 👇
🛠️ Your role & responsibilities
With the support of Hakon, you’ll sign deals & manage the relationship with VCs in our existing markets and support Figures’ international expansion in new countries.
- Own the strategy regarding VC partnerships.
- Prospect the VCs and reach out to them.
- Sign partnerships with VCs (paid and free models).
- Account Management: convert VC partners from free to paid over time.
- Manage & activate the relationships with VCs in order to get access to their portfolio companies (e.g. organize webinars for their portfolio companies).
🧩 What we look for
- Senior level: 5-10 years of experience.
- Former experience in Partnerships (referrals) OR Business development (mix of hunting AND farming) OR as a General Manager (with a good deal of Business Development).
- Entrepreneurial experience / mindset: you’ve built your own company before, you have side projects or you have worked in very early stage startups.
- Experienced with cold outbound: you’ve probably even been an SDR/BDR in a past life!
- People person: You excel at building rapport & relationships.
- Entrepreneurial & creative: you can think creatively about how to make those partnerships work.
- Drive & energy: You are comfortable with autonomy and are driven to achieve & exceed your personal and professional goals (and sales targets).
- Alignment with our values: you have a strong sense of ownership, you are pragmatic & you are at ease to give and receive feedback (while not taking yourself too seriously!).
- (Near-) Native level English speaker.
- Ideally, you are based in the UK or Germany (close to our customers). But you can also live in one of the following countries: France, Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary or Serbia (or willing to relocate).
- Excited to come to Paris: You’re able to spend 3 days every 2 months with the whole team in our office in Paris.
Nice to have for the role:
- You have consulting or VC background.
- Prior experience with investment management / VCs / Private Equity firms.
- You’ve worked pan european and understand different cultures and ways of doing business.
- HR experience: You’ve worked in HR-tech before or maybe even have a background in People & Talent.
💰 Compensation & Perks 🎁
You can find all details about our compensation policy here.
- On-market salary. We target the market's 50th percentile using data from the best benchmark on the market.
👉🏼 The estimated salary for this role, for someone based in the UK, is between £93,000 and £114,000 OTE (including a £65-80k base salary).
👉🏼 The estimated salary for this role, for someone based in Germany or in the Netherlands, is between €93,000 and €114,000 OTE (including a €65-80k base salary).
👉🏼 The estimated salary for this role, for someone based in France, is between €79,000 and €100,000 OTE (including a €55-70k base salary).
Of course that could be adjusted for any outlier profile!
👉🏼 For people who live outside of the those countries, we adjust the compensation based on our Global Salary Convertor’s cost of labor.
- Above-market equity. We allocate 14% of our company towards employee grants, which is considerably above market practices (the average equity pool size is a bit less than 10%).
👉🏼 0.16% to 0.26% ownership of the company, depending on your seniority level (≈ €750k-1.3M in case of a €1B exit).
- Company incentive program (profit sharing plan).
👉🏼 We believe in a collective sharing of Figures' success. The purpose of this bonus is to associate employees collectively with the results and/or performance of the company.
👉🏼 The bonus potential is €3,000 under the company-wide bonus scheme.
- Above-market benefits & perks.
We’ve been Flexified, so you can trust that we’re a truly flexible workplace. More details here!
👉🏼 1-month parental leave for the second parent paid at 100% of the salary.
👉🏼 1-month worked part-time (50%) but paid at 100% when returning from maternity leave.
⚠️ Oh, one last thing you should watch before applying👇🏼 😐
We asked employees of Figures how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Figures
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
At Figures I feel totally autonomous by being able to have access to different flexible working arrangements. Obviously this freedom comes with great responsibilities, but this is part of the companies values, and I really appreciate it. I am also a big fan of the 9 days fortnight, which allows me to find the right work/life balance.