✨ The most exciting parts
- Exponential growth and learning curve 🚀 You’ll have a great overview of the key strategic topics in an early-stage startup, have access to everything (e.g. financial aspects, product strategy, investor relations), and will be able to learn a lot about the life of a startup and its CEO. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to become an entrepreneur or a Chief of Staff one day.
- Early stage means strong ownership 🔥 Our company (early) stage offers lots of ownership, impact & possibility to grow.
- Great teammates & work environment 🙏🏽 We take our “Why so serious?” value seriously, offer a ton of flexibility, and work a 9-day-fortnight.
- The incredible chance to work with Virgile Raingeard 🙈 Yep, this guy.
🔮 About us - Fair pay, the simple way
Created in October 2020 by Virgile & Bastien, Figures is Europe's leading compensation management platform, helping companies to make fair and efficient salary decisions.
We do that by providing them with reliable up-to-date (real-time) compensation data and the right tooling to manage their compensation process.
As of today, we are a team of 35 people, helping 1000+ companies all over Europe (with France, the UK and Germany being our core markets). We raised €6.8m in September 2022 to accelerate our expansion.
Our goal is now two-fold:
- Cement our position as the main European compensation platform.
- Continue to expand our product to compensation management as a whole.
Here is a short video about our mission & product 👇
🛠️ Your role & responsibilities
Your main mission will be to work together with Virgile (CEO) on operational and strategic topics. You may also own some transversal projects and work across the whole company.
Having said that, it’s not possible to be exhaustive about the role of the CEO Founder Associate at Figures. Tasks and projects you’ll own will be very varied and will change depending on Virgile’s and the company’s focus.
In any case, the role will require to be very hands-on but also to be able to drive strategic topics.
Examples of operational topics you could own:
- Help define our company OKRs, track them, and regularly update the team on them.
- Coordinate the weekly/monthly internal communication.
- Prepare content/deck for team presentations, board meetings, talks and conferences.
- Prepare the board meetings.
- Take part in meetings with Virgile.
- Organise the team offsite.
- Help with marketing activities (e.g. sending books to key clients).
Examples of strategic topics you could own:
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the company, screen markets and competition, and produce business analyses.
- Help with fundraising (preparation of the Pitch Deck, financial analysis to assess valuation, coordination of fundraising with investors).
- Do in-depth market research, and identify and explore strategic business and product opportunities.
- Support the launch of a new product.
🧩 What we look for
The position is open for a start between November 2023 and March 2024, ideally for a six-month internship (gap year or end-of-study).
- At least one first professional experience (internship, apprenticeship, entrepreneurship) in a startup (tech/digital company with less than 200 employees).
- Business studies (business school or equivalent - we really don’t care about the prestige of the school).
- Bonus point if you have done student jobs or have entrepreneurial experience (but don’t restrain yourself, apply even if that’s not the case!).
- Strong structuration & communication skills (oral & written).
- Curiosity, humility & growth mindset.
- Hands-on & pragmatic way of working.
- Analytical sense and critical thinking.
- Alignment with our values: you have a strong sense of ownership, you are pragmatic & you are at ease to give and receive feedback (while not taking yourself too seriously!).
- Fluent or native level in French & English (C1 or C2 level).
- Comfortable working remotely.
- Based in Paris or France (in the 2nd case, you need to have already worked remotely and like it!).
💰 Compensation & Perks 🎁
- Above-market internship allowance - €1,800 per month.
- Above-market benefits & perks.
⚠️ Oh, one last thing you should watch before applying👇🏼 😐
We asked employees of Figures how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Figures
Gender diversity (male:female)