Core hours 11 - 3
Front End Engineer – Mobile applications
Location - Remote; Malta, Ireland, USA.
EBET is developing ground-breaking and engaging wagering products for esports fans and bettors around the world. EBET is one of the leading global providers of esports product, platform, and marketing solutions. The company operates a licensed online gambling platform, gogawi.com, that offers real money betting on esports events and professional sports from around the world in a secure environment. The company is developing esports predictive gaming technologies that allow distribution to both customers and business partner.
At EBET, we are at an exciting rapid growth phase, expanding our business across multiple markets and service offerings and developing our Centres of Excellence (CoE) across Malta as our Marketing CoE, Dublin Ireland and USA our Technology CoE’s.
We expect that after joining the company you will:
- During the first month you’ll learn about our backend APIS and work with UI/UX and product team to set up a new mobile vision for the company.
- During first three months you’ll have started to create the core and structure of the mobile app. Work with the other developers to create a road map for the mobile product going forward.
- In six months, we expect you to take a technical ownership of a few small services. You’ll know the role of services in the overall ecosystem (and the value provided). You’ll also be able to suggest and prioritize technical improvements (aligned to the service role and evolution needs).
What you will do:
- Work closely with design/product team to develop an industry leading mobile application.
- Efficiently, build and maintain Mobile React Native applications as a core to this role. Build efficient and reusable libraries, components, and systems.
- Identify and address performance issues.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate best practices for engineering and mobile app development.
- Build high-quality user experiences on both mobile platforms.
- Diagnose and fix all types of performance issues.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least 4 years of experience developing mobile apps in an e commerce environment.
- At least 2 years of experience working with React Native.
- Experience working with Mobile apps in an e commerce environment.
- Strong understanding of OOP and SOLID design principles.
- Experience with architectural patterns (MVP/MVVM, Clean Architecture).
- Experience using Git and the command line.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and third-party libraries.
- Experience with the normal cycle of development: taking requirements, development, testing, continuous integration, approval and publishing to Play Store/Apple Store.
- Solid understanding of asynchronous code patterns.
Nice-to-have (but not required):
- BS/MS in computer science or relevant field experience.
- Experience developing native Mobile applications.
- Willing to take risks, fail fast and iterate quickly.
- Background working in iGaming, casino or sports betting.
- Experience with native ios and android.
At EBET we welcome and enjoy a very positive diverse working environment with every individual working as part of one team to achieve great things together. Our cutting-edge technology enables us to achieve our desire as Best-In-Class in our industry, and best in class experience to our employees. We offer excellent career opportunities in a fair and transparent environment while constantly promoting new skill, development and growth for all our employees. We have a brilliant culture that promotes creativity, autonomy and connecting employees on a variety of projects across our expanding organisation.
We are an Employee Centric led organisation who promotes continuous improvements across all aspects of the employee life cycle. Employee wellness and engagement form a constant focus for enhancing our employee experiences. We offer a flexible working environment with excellent terms and conditions of employment.
If this opportunity excites and you would like to be part of our ambitious growing organisation across multiple locations - apply online today.
We look forward to hearing from you.
** We do not want to miss you; we recommend you check your inbox and Spam folders for updates from our recruitment team at EBET.