This role sits in the Product and Services team, which will be your functional home, where you will be able to share best practices and seek advice from a group of commercially-driven product professionals. You’ll spend much of your time working with people across multiple departments and chairing service-specific working groups. The role is responsible for managing the Emerald Publishing Services offer, delivering the strategy and owning the roadmap. The role will also involve co-ordinating discovery of new services in support of Emerald’s long-term growth plan, management of new services through their lifecycle and ownership of the P&L.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Own a roadmap for services and drive it forward to time, budget and scope
- Coordinate activity to support our services across the business, including coordinating a cross-functional team
- Manage services through the lifecycle
- Work closely with sales, commercial operations, marketing and content acquisition to deliver on the roadmap and commercial expectations of the programme
- Own acceptance and success criteria for our services
- Develop and support new service business cases and forecasts
- Be the voice of the customer into the wider business
- Act as the business owner for digital developments to ensure requirements are fully understand and developed with the customer need in mind
You’ll need to have:
- Commercial acumen
- Organisation and time management
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in academic publishing or the academic sector
- Product or service development experience or equivalent with a focus on new product / service launches
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at email@example.com and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Bingley, Edinburgh & Horsham + various non UK
What employees are saying
I like the confidence and autonomy I have to deliver my work regardless of the hour I work. This makes it much easier for people who work with time zones and assist clients in several countries.
Emerald Group Employee