We have a new vacancy at Emerald Publishing! A fantastic opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join us and play a key role in both our Product and Marketing teams. This role has responsibility for their own portfolio of products and / or services. It is responsible for the execution of the marketing strategy and analysis of marketing activities for Emerald’s Product & Services suite. A key focus is driving awareness and commercial success of the portfolio.
What kind of team you will be joining:
You’ll be joining a Product & Services Marketing team, which reports in via the Product Director. You will have a Product and Services Marketing Lead heading the team, who also has a dotted line into the Head of Strategic Marketing, the lead for our Marketing Community of Practice.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Execute on the marketing strategy for your product area(s) to drive awareness, sales, leads and support customer retention (through supporting usage, up-sell, and cross-sell)
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Supporting institutional sales and marketing with accurate, up-to-date product information, and guidance on the most compelling content to drive usage and secure subscriptions
- Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders across regional marketing, content acquisition, sales, product management and the wider marketing community of practice to ensure there is buy in to future marketing campaigns and resources are maximised
- Target market segments with integrated marketing campaigns to generate demand and convert into leads. Measure and report on the performance of campaigns
- Create a variety of content, own the appropriate social media channels for your area and ensure appropriate content is deployed, either directly or indirectly through the team.
You’ll need to have:
- An understanding of successful marketing techniques
- Numerical literacy and an ability to work with data and analytics
- Previous experience in a junior marketing role, ideally in a related industry; publishing or academic experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to translate strategy into actions and key deliverables, encouraging collaborative working in a matrixed environment.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise across a workload
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
- Established knowledge and passion for the research landscape and industry trends
- An innovative thinker, willing to experiment with new ideas.
- A proactive, enthusiastic team player who is able to positively take ownership of their area and inspire the same in others.
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Bingley, Edinburgh & Horsham + various non UK
What employees are saying
I like the confidence and autonomy I have to deliver my work regardless of the hour I work. This makes it much easier for people who work with time zones and assist clients in several countries.
Emerald Group Employee