The Database Engineer will work as part of an Operations Team supporting, designing, developing and delivering data and database solutions.
This includes working primarily with the data warehouse but includes working with other systems (current and future) at Emerald and integrations from various data sources. The role also requires database administration work on most databases platforms/technologies used by Emerald to ensure the databases security, integrity, performance, recoverability and development design patterns are correct.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Database or data design, development and delivery for systems (primarily database warehouse) and integrations between systems
- Administration of company database platforms (Security, Integrity, performance, recoverability)
- Continuous improvement of all data integration or ETL process used to feed various systems
- Dimensional modelling and database warehouse data mart design
- Moving databases to Azure
We need someone who will have…
- Strong Database technologies knowledge (Microsoft SQL Server version 2014)
- Experience of the administration of a SQL Server Estate (creating backups, restore, security, monitoring, performance optimisation, login/user setup)
- Database Development experience of various database platforms
- Database design experience (E.g. Relational, Non-Relational)
- Dimensional Modelling & dart mart development experience
- Database technologies experience of SQL Server essential (desirable in: PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL/Big data i.e. Hadoop)
- ETL technology experience (E.g. SQL Server integration services)
- Programming / Scripting in SQL and python essential (desirable in C# Powershell)
- Knowledge of Source Control (Azure devops)
- Willingness to learn new data technologies to help with data development requirements of the company
- Knowledge of Azure\AWS desirable (training will be available)
- Knowledge of XQuery\Marklogic desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL service management desirable
- Great Self-motivation
- Be a team player but also be able to work on own initiative
- Experienced Problem solver
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Publishing provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Publishing is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Publishing
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, China, USA, Dubai, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, Malaysia