Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As a Senior Product Manager at Elvie, you will be working in an innovative and collaborative environment, where you will be responsible for clearly understanding business needs and articulating the Voice of our Customers software engineering teams, data scientists, designers, researchers and brand teams.
We will look to you and your experience to help us develop products that we’re proud of because you put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure we take a holistic view of the product experience. You will be guiding the development of digital elements, from discovery through to in market product growth and evolution.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our London or Bristol offices (whichever preferred) & working remotely #LI-Hybrid
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- As a Senior Product Manager your main focus will be to understand our users' experience, keeping up to speed on market trends and translate them into a clearly defined product strategy and prioritised product roadmap. You will be required to gain buy in and support from different teams.
- You will be able to work independently and be able to guide product development. As a Senior Product Manager you will be involved in setting the product vision and ensuring that the product team delivers on it.
- You will be leading the charge to make products that delight our users, helping the team navigate through the decisions and inevitable compromise of turning ideas to reality.
User Champion - You are the voice of the user inside the company. You will:
- Immerse yourself in user insights and trends to develop compelling opportunities in your product area, that deliver value to our users and the business
- Stay on top of the market trends and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform the product strategy and roadmap
- Define product vision and strategy for your product area and gain buy-in throughout the organisation
- Use data to draw insights and work closely with our product researchers and insights team, you’ll be setting study objectives and involved in conducting user research, learning about customer needs first-hand
- Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences. You must be able to sell the dream and fight the user's Corner
Development Guide - working with the digital design, data science and software teams to deliver a product experience in line with the vision. You will:
- Actively work to evolve your roadmap, identifying next steps and new opportunities based on insights, while making sure the product vision and strategy is a constant guide
- Be responsible for successfully evolving your product area, in close collaboration with the product team
- Balancing tensions in requirements and deciding with the team what compromise is acceptable throughout the product development journey
Problem Solver - hungry to make things better and up for the challenge of tackling unknowns. You:
- Are curious and questioning - not afraid to ask questions to ensure we identify root causes not symptoms, so that we design the right solutions
- Will be able to juggle the day-to-day, whilst also seeing the bigger picture, so that you can identify and focus on the most pressing challenges with appropriate effort
- Are driven to make things better and push for quality outcomes for the user. But you also know when is “good enough”
- Will identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the other ways of working
Stakeholder Manager - you can work with a variety of different people, personalities and business units, seamlessly balancing needs, whilst hearing and being heard. You:
- Are a good listener and make sure people feel heard, but that doesn’t mean you’re a pushover!
- Will manage change: you’ll get buy-in from stakeholders, and lead the implementation, using data to understand and improve iteratively
- Able to distil complex information into easy-to-understand concepts and understand how to lead the team through ambiguity
What we are looking for:
- You have proven experience as a senior product manager, working with mobile apps
- Comfortable working with remote development teams in Agile framework
- Preferably time with a startup that has gone through the scaling process
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Jira)
- Experience in growing products in the market.
- Have experience analysing data and insights to understand and determine the impact to users and develop roadmaps.
- Can define success metrics and communicate your rationale clearly.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in women, health and all things tech
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
- Driven to get stuff done, but with a collaborative approach. You understand that we don’t win unless the team wins, and you leave ego out of it
- Helpful to have experience with medical devices
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Currently trialling a 9 day fortnight for all employees until March 2023
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity & adoption (16 weeks at full pay, then 8 weeks paid at 75% followed by 15 weeks at SMP rate.), paternity/partner (6 weeks at full pay to take at any point during the first year of your child’s life), shared parental leave
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 884 7223.
We asked employees of Elvie how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Elvie
Gender diversity (male:female)
61% Female / 39% Male
Bristol, London, US Remote