Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our London or Bristol office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
The Operations team cover so many different facets of the business, from demand planning, manufacturing and logistics, to customer fulfilment and customer operations. In this role you will work closely with internal partners e.g. Operations peers, Customer Care Analysts, 3PLs, OEMs & Freight Agents in order to ensure that our global shipments of hardware arrive from our manufacturers and are seamlessly receipted into our regional warehouses on time in full and that our post-purchase customer care team are supported in all aspects of our operations to deliver a gold standard experience.
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Organise and coordinate shipments to ensure the timely collection of stock from
our OEMs in Asia & North America through to delivery and receipt in our regional
warehouses across USA, UK & EU
- Maintain all customs documentation procedures to ensure we remain fully compliant in all territories that we operate in and our document management system meets the audit requirements
- Maintain compliant records and manage all shipping documentation for efficient and timely importation and delivery. Create compliant shipment paperwork where necessary to support internal activities.
- Get hands on with our freight agents to optimise transportation, load consolidation and lane optimise to ensure cost effective and on time deliveries
- Invoice review, dispute, and approval processes of all freight charges. SLA and cost reporting.
- Liaise with our supply & demand team and OEM contacts to review shipment schedules
- Coordinate with external customs clearance agents to clear the products into different countries.
- Collaborate with the Fulfilment team to ensure full compliance with the 3PL inbound delivery requirements, reflecting stock movements accurately in ERP systems.
- Issue resolution of freight incidents and non compliance in conjunction with our Quality team, striving for continuous improvement, controls and visibility throughout our supply chain
- Support financial modelling for new product development and new market projects, ensuring that all freight costs and considerations are effectively quoted and budgeted for, including tariffs, customs fees, incoterms review, palletisation and shipping mode.
- Apply for HS tariff Binding tariff rulings, maintain the internal register of HS codes, contribute HS code information and duty impact assessments to new product/market projects.
- Work closely with the senior logistics manager and external consultants where applicable to contribute to the build out and continuous improvement of a sustainable and compliant logistics function
- Experience in global freight forwarding and supply chain, preferably within the US and Asia
- A proven track record in freight optimisation, whether that be driven by reductions in cost, transit time, carbon footprint or all three!
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, A hands-on approach with a passion for problem solving and ability to manage competing priorities.
- A good understanding of the complexities surrounding customs compliance in the different areas that we operate
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, ideally combined with experience of metrics dashboards and reporting.
- A can do attitude
- Proactively build relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills
- A great communicator and confident decision maker
- Previous experience of Netsuite or comparable ERP systems
- Preferably CILTs qualified or equivalent
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity & adoption (16 weeks at full pay, then 8 weeks paid at 75% followed by 15 weeks at SMP rate.), paternity/partner (6 weeks at full pay to take at any point during the first year of your child’s life), shared parental leave
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 30-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of our senior leadership team
This is an exciting time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 884 7223.
We asked employees of Elvie how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Elvie
Gender diversity (male:female)
61% Female / 39% Male
Bristol, London, US Remote