3–4 days/week at home
Fully flexible hours
Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products.
About the Role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
Digital Product Design (DPD) is at the heart of Elvie's mission: to transform women’s health with connected technology.
We collaborate with cross-functional teams to design user-centred, connected experiences. At times we need to be detail-oriented. We work in Figma to articulate the interfaces and interactions of our products.
At other times, we need to zoom-out. We give a broader perspective by mapping user journeys and taking a service-level view to understand the whole experience.
As a result, we value Digital Product Designers with a broad skill-set and an adaptable attitude. We learn by doing and have a bias towards action. We also expect that you’ll have strengths in a particular area, such as interaction design or user research. That’s great too!
We’re a team that admits we can’t do it all. We rely on each other to do the best work we can.
You’ll be joining an ambitious, friendly and collaborative DPD team. We have a roadmap of our own initiatives for 2023 that you would be a part of. We’ve got lots of work to do if we’re to live up to the ambition we’ve set as a team. We can’t wait to see how we can work together to get there.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol or London office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you'll be doing at Elvie:
Okay, we’ve waffled-on long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: you.
You’ll be joining a cross-functional product team of:
- Product Managers
- Software Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Firmware Engineers
- …and more!
Working on our flag-ship product, ‘Pump with Elvie’: the companion app to Elvie’s award winning breast pumps.
Using your end-to-end design skills, you’ll be helping us discover, define and deliver a roadmap of exciting initiatives for our pump users. You’ll use data and insights to iterate on the existing Pump with Elvie experience too.
As part of the DPD team, you’ll contribute to craft initiatives such as our growing Design System and our Connected Experience Playbook. These initiatives help our impact as a Digital Design team scale, positioning us as leaders in connected experience design across the business and beyond.
The skills we are looking for:
- Framing: How you build an understanding of user and business needs with your team, articulating these challenges as design briefs (HMWs), hypotheses or research questions
- Ideation: How you generate ideas with your team, discovering desirable, feasible and viable solutions to the problem at hand
- Low fidelity design: How you use low fidelity methods to visualise your thinking and share it with your team or users
- High fidelity design: How you have designed high fidelity, development ready interfaces for iOS and Android apps. These might be from existing design systems or one you've created yourself.
- Native app design: How you use the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android’s Material Design in your designs. You know when to use their established patterns and when to create custom ones.
- Developer collaboration: How you collaborate with software engineers to refine your solutions and hand over ’developer friendly’ design documentation.
The benefits you’ll get:
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity & adoption (16 weeks at full pay, then 8 weeks paid at 75% followed by 15 weeks at SMP rate.), paternity/partner (6 weeks at full pay to take at any point during the first year of your child’s life), shared parental leave
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 30 minute video call
- 60 minute video call
- 30 minute video call
Beyond showing your portfolio, we won’t ask you to do any ‘interview tasks’ where you need to create additional work.
We want you to feel comfortable so you can bring your best-self to the interview. Our role in this process is to encourage that. We’re excited to hear about and see your work!
This is an exciting time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 884 7223.
We asked employees of Elvie how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Elvie
Gender diversity (male:female)
61% Female / 39% Male
Bristol, London, US Remote
What employees are saying
"The culture here is so respectful of its employees and I've never been made to feel guilty for having out-of-work commitments (children, appointments etc). Parental leave is great, holiday is great, as well as working from home allowances and personal development. I feel like I've won the lottery and can't believe that I'm actually paid to do this."
Anonymous Elvie Employee