Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic hybrid Business Analyst/Project Manager to join our growing IT Team.
You will be leading business analysis and project management for the IT elements of Elvie’s strategic technical, operational and commercial projects and programmes. Working closely with colleagues in the business and IT to support detailed understanding of business requirements, how to meet these through system, process and/or data change, and managing the delivery of changes.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of different types of projects, from large, complex programmes to several smaller and faster projects. So we’re looking for someone who’s willing and able to apply themselves to a variety of projects across different areas of the business. The projects are across a predominantly SAAS based environment, with systems such as Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Netsuite (ERP) and Sprinklr (CRM).
This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity to make it your own.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our London or Bristol office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Business needs identification: Work with stakeholders to assess and define the scope of projects, define solution requirements, and manage backlogs of upcoming work. Proactively seeking out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals
- Business Analysis Planning: Selecting the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints, and dependencies.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition: Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID management and scope impacts. You’ll be responsible for translating the business requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design
- Project Management: lead the planning and management of allocated IT projects through the full project lifecycle, ensuring objectives, deliverables and risks are well defined and managed, and that there is good communication with key stakeholders regarding status and risks.
- Business Case Definition: shaping and defining the case, producing detailed business justification for investment, including value and benefits realisation
- Solution Evaluation: analysing and assessing solution proposals including,assessing business readiness, improving value vs. spend, and ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits
- End user Training: Provide training and support to end users on the use of new solutions
- Continuous improvement: Help the project teams learn from their successes and their failures through involvement in project retrospectives
What we are looking for:
- Broad practical experience in similar roles, with repeated practice performing business analysis in a variety of complex situations
- As the first business analyst in the team, you’ll bring an understanding of business analysis best practice standards and the ability to apply these independently
- Experience working with multiple end-to-end mid-scale IT change developments
- Strong understanding of back-end systems and solid knowledge of relevant business processes and their integration with back end systems.
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g., BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA Level 3 Certified Business Analysis Professional) or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical with the ability to write reports, present, and discuss results
- Experience of working with cross functional teams and understanding of the benefit of truly coordinated activities
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders, from the in-house teams (engineering, finance, sales, operations) to external contractors and senior management
- Ability to see the overall picture and how individual actions fit within it
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level of detail that can be easily impact assessed against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans
- Understand what is needed to support adoption and embed new ways of working
- Can do approach: fix things that need fixing, be an organised and creative problem solver, multi-tasker, and re-prioritiser
- Proactive style: ability to work with limited supervision/direction
Desirable System Experience:
The benefits you’ll get:
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- 9 Day Fortnight - for our full time employees we work 9 days every Fortnight with every other Friday as a non-working day for you to spend as you wish!
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity & adoption (16 weeks at full pay, then 8 weeks paid at 75% followed by 15 weeks at SMP rate.), paternity/partner (6 weeks at full pay to take at any point during the first year of your child’s life), shared parental leave
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you. We do often receive a large number of applications for our roles, please don’t let visibility of this deter you from applying. We review and aim to respond to every application.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 30-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of our senior leadership team
This is an exciting time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 884 7223.
We asked employees of Elvie how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Elvie
Gender diversity (male:female)
61% Female / 39% Male
Bristol, London, US Remote