Remote-first - London / Bristol Office Optional
Fully flexible hours
Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
You’ll be part of our accounts payable team, with significant exposure to the finance team and the wider business. Reporting to the Tax & Treasury Manager, you’ll work both independently and with the wider finance team.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our London or Bristol office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Management of the accounts payable subledger
- Managing the accounts payable inbox
- Processing invoices & setting up vendors in our ERP system Netsuite
- Preparing payment runs in the bank, cash entry and allocation
- Managing the bank trade facility and Invoice factoring processes and reconciliations
- Collaborating across various departments to ensure invoices are coded correctly and paid on time
- Supporting the month end process and performing relevant balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing employee expenses
- Managing aged creditors
- Managing payment card processes and expenditure
- Acting as point of contact for any supplier queries
- Handling supplier statement reconciliations
- Assistance with multi-currency treasury management
- Supporting the Tax & Treasury Manager with direct cashflow forecasts and actuals and month end direct cashflow reporting
- Supporting the Tax & Treasury Manager with process improvements across the Purchase to Pay Process
What we are looking for:
You are a detail-oriented, passionate and hands-on individual with a desire to be an integral part of the Elvie Finance team. You are driven by a fast-paced environment and thrive on getting stuff done whilst managing changing priorities. You are process driven and not afraid to challenge the status quo, identifying areas for improvement. You are organised and logical, and excited by the prospect of developing best-in-class financial operations.
- Experience in accounts payable or a similar role
- Experience or knowledge of Purchase Ledger duties
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of Netsuite or a similar ERP system
- Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you can build something from the ground up
- Have a “can do” attitude and be proactive in seeking solutions
- Be confident in data handling & analysis in a non-interfaced system environment
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a high attention to detail
- Experience of multi-currency banking platforms (HSBC.net highly desirable)
- International trade experience
- Retail or ecommerce experience
- Invoice & trade financing experience
Study package may be available
The benefits you’ll get:
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity, paternity/partner, shared & adoption
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
This is undoubtedly a great time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 884 7223.