We’re the team behind Matrix—the leading project for secure, open decentralised communication and Element— the all-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organisations. Our mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
We build open alternatives to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Teams & more. Our early adopters include The French Government, and open source communities like Mozilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia, while we’re working towards gaining traction in personal messaging.
We build things for everyone, and we know we can’t succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be respectful and give candidates the best chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Pre-Sales Engineer, to join our fast-growing sales team in a technical and mission-driven environment.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer at Element, you will get the opportunity to contribute to the success of the business by providing technical knowledge during the sales cycle. You will be the trusted advisor to the customer when it comes to understanding our offering and can drill down in all the dimensions of the product, from sizing and architecture to mobile clients, from encryption to integration and extension, from VOIP to integration with popular Enterprise backend services.
- Be the trusted advisor for our prospective customers and provide consulting-like engagements to help them in their strategy and evaluation of solutions.
- Partner up with your Account Executive to drive complex enterprise sales to success.
- Be the voice of your customers and provide feedback internally on new features, product gaps, what works exceptionally well, or what needs improvement.
- Understand market trends in the space of collaboration and build a deep understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Work hand in hand with Professional Services to understand the arcane of Element and Matrix to ensure a superior customer experience.
- Run standard demonstrations, build small ad hoc integration for specific use cases.
- Participate in the open source community and contribute to the projects.
While being passionate about customers and fully committed to providing them with value and a successful journey, you will have a strong curiosity and appreciation of open source technology, and will be looking forward to making a real impact to the world by distributing tech which addresses concrete and very topical pain points.
More concretely, we will expect you to have:
- Fluency in spoken and written German. Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
- Ideally 8+ years experience in technical sales to Fortune-100 and/or public sector clients.
- Some successful experience in SaaS products and open source.
- Also an understanding of on-premise software along with Professional Services.
- An ability to understand business requirements and map them to use cases and features that we can offer.
- Proven experience is required in the following fields: Directory services (LDAP / AD / OIDC), SSO, Database architectures and high availability.
- Experience in the following fields would be very nice to have: iOS, Android, kubernetes, Postgres, Python, Golang, E2EE, VoIP and some exposure to the specificities of a decentralized architecture.
People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term. We also have a family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can. Since our technology is relevant to anything that requires real-time comms, the role provides exposure to a wide range of domains from web and app dev through to VR, VoIP and IoT.
Our package generally contains:
- Private Health Insurance
- Annual Bonus
- Share Options
- Home Office Allowance
- Coworking Space Allowance
- Annual leave (40 days including local bank holidays)
- Company Socials (virtual or in person)
- Annual Global Offsite
- Plumm Health (mental health platform)
You can find a more detailed explanation here and you might be eligible for other benefits depending on your location.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Element provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Element is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Element
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
London, UK and Rennes, France
What employees are saying
"Element is 100% one of the most flexible companies I've ever worked for, and it makes a big difference. I've had recruiters offer me salaries that are £60k higher, and it's still not enough to make me want to leave this lovely place. Founders make a BIG DEAL about flexible working. In fact, they have apologised company wide for sending emails a bit late or a bit early. And they've made it VERY CLEAR that this is because they take their children to school or take time out, and the rest of us aren't supposed to feel pressured by that. It's just a lovely environment all round and I feel very lucky!"
Anonymous Element Employee