We’re the team behind Matrix—the leading project for secure, open decentralised communication and Element— the all-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organisations. Our mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
We build open alternatives to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Teams & more. Our early adopters include The French Government, and open source communities like Mozilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia, while we’re working towards gaining traction in personal messaging.
We build things for everyone, and we know we can’t succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be respectful and give candidates the best chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Germany based Account Executive, to join our fast-growing sales team in a very technical and mission-driven environment.
As an Account Executive at Element, you get the opportunity to lead and own the revenue in your given territory. In this newly created role, you will leverage creative marketing, account management, use cases, and sales tactics to deliver a differentiated value proposition to SMBs, large enterprises across multiple verticals as well as national governments.
- Overachieve revenue targets by executing Element’s go-to-market strategy in DACH.
- Drive the sales journey from initial qualification to contract negotiations.
- Evangelize our mission and articulate value-based selling strategies leveraging our differentiated technology, products and services.
- Build and own relationships with major accounts in your territory and be their trusted advisor to enable modern collaboration strategies.
- Grow existing business and close new logos by selling our portfolio of use cases and differentiating it against competition.
- Manage accurate forecasting and optimum resource utilization.
- Switch with agility from an enterprise cloud-based sales to thousand of users to a multi-millions users national project for online education or for all public servants in the country.
- Be the voice of your customers and provide feedback internally and early analysis on market trends.
- Understand and manage successfully Public Sector specificities (open source strategies, purchasing process but also defense or military requirements).
- Work in collaboration with Marketing to develop targeted campaigns within your assigned territory and with products to help improve User Experience.
- We’re a diverse team and we’re looking for you to bring your own unique flavor to the team!
While being passionate about customers and fully committed to providing them with value and a successful journey, you will have a strong curiosity and appreciation of open source technology and will be looking forward to making a real impact to the world by distributing tech which addresses concrete and very topical pain points.
More concretely, we will expect you to have:
- Fluency in spoken and written German. Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
- At least 10+ years experience in strategic sales to Fortune-100 and/or public sector
- Some successful experience in SaaS sales
- Some successful experience in building a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan
- An appetite for building an exciting big and disruptive business, taking into account the unique nature and possibilities of Matrix as an open ecosystem rather than a conventional walled garden
- An ability to understand business requirements and map them to use cases we can offer.
- An understanding of on-premise software as well as Professional Services
People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term. We also have a family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can. Since our technology is relevant to anything that requires real-time comms, the role provides exposure to a wide range of domains from web and app dev through to VR, VoIP and IoT.
Our package generally contains:
- Private Health Insurance
- Annual Bonus
- Share Options
- Home Office Allowance
- Coworking Space Allowance
- Annual leave (40 days including local bank holidays)
- Company Socials (virtual or in person)
- Annual Global Offsite
- Plumm Health (mental health platform)
You can find a more detailed explanation here and you might be eligible for other benefits depending on your location.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Element provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Element is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Element
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
London, UK and Rennes, France