3–4 days per week at home
We're looking for someone that is willing to work a shift pattern including some evenings and weekends - but we're flexible on specifics and happy to work with you to find something that fits your needs.
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Travel Ops at Duffel
Travel sellers across the globe, from traditional travel agents to the latest mobile apps, use Duffel to sell flights. (We call these travel sellers "merchants".)
For many of our merchants we act as the accredited travel agent. We own and are responsible for their bookings - including complying with the airlines' rules and policies.
The Travel Ops team is there to handle changes to bookings - whether that's voluntary changes requested by the passenger or involuntary changes initiated from the airline's side.
You won't talk to travellers directly - instead, you'll work with merchants and Airline partners to make sure that the travellers get great customer service.
You'll build great relationships with the merchants responding to their queries and working with our Product Development team to escalate technical problems and shape the future of the product.
This isn't your ordinary customer support job - we're an early-stage startup, so you'll help to build and refine the team's processes from the ground up.
You may have experience of one or more of the following roles: Travel Advisor, Travel Agent, Travel Consultant, Travel Sales Consultant, Ticketing Agent, Travel Counsellor.
What we're looking for in you
- You have at least 3 years of experience of post-booking servicing in a GDS (Amadeus, Sabre, Travelport), including processing date changes, route changes and cancellations (including calculating additional collections and refunds), reading and understanding fare rules and handling involuntary changes
- You know airlines' policies (for example schedule change policies) and fare rules
- You have a passion for providing great customer service, going the extra mile to leave a customer satisfied
- You have excellent written communication skills, with a knack for clearly communicating complex concepts and situations
- You're willing to work a shift pattern that includes some evenings, weekends and bank holidays. (We'll be able to discuss this in more detail if you're accepted for an interview.)
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our merchants, handling incoming emails and live chat messages about their bookings and building good relationships with them
- You'll manage bookings on behalf of our merchants, reissuing and refunding their tickets and making sure their customers get where they want to go.
- You'll help shape our internal documentation and processes, making sure that we serve customers in a consistent way and comply with airlines' policies and rules
- You'll provide training to our merchants, making sure they know how to serve their customers when booking through Duffel.
- You'll bring back merchants' feedback and insights to help our Product Development team build better products and improve our customer journey
What you can expect from us
We're dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable both physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That's why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that's why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.