We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
What we're looking for in you
- You will be a financial manager or financial controller who is CA, ACA or ACCA trained. You'll have experience working in a small/medium sized fast-growing organisation
- Proven experience in completing the monthly close process end-to-end and delivering management reports
- Exposure to accounting systems, experience using NetSuite is an advantage
- Strong grasp of business reporting and financial statements: P&L, BS & Cashflow
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Excel (a plus would be experience in using advanced formulas to analyse data)
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, as you will communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding analytical skills, agile and hands-on, high attention to detail, committed to making an impact
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
What you'll be doing
- Assist with the planning and performance of monthly close activities, including reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting & external investor metrics
- Support and take ownership of a range of special projects, including annual audits across 6 entities and internal projects that require finance input on new product launches - working with external consultants/advisors and cross collaborating with internal stakeholders where required
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Receivable to ensure processes run smoothly, including reviewing and supporting various processes
- Ensure proper cut off & timely balance sheet item reconciliation
- Review General Ledger transactions for proper posting of transactions
- Assist in ensuring appropriate tax compliance and timely external reporting
- Assist with the Group payroll process including expense processing and payments
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Duffel provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Duffel is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Duffel
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)