3–4 days/week at home
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
The Office of the CEO at DuffelWhile our CEO leads Duffel, crucial to his success is an Executive Business Partner. You'll be problem-solving on a variety of issues and be an advisor & confidante to the CEO and work closely with the Leadership team.You will help to build our organisation and will have an immediate impact on our productivity, strategic initiatives, project management and communication objectives between departments. The ideal person for this will have proven experience in a similar role, with a specific focus on advising leadership and cross-functional collaboration.
Job description, and what you'll be doing
Influencing Business and CEO working rhythm:
- You'll work with the CEO and the Leadership team on setting company goals & OKRs, aligning these across teams as well as managing progress.
- You'll be a trusted confidante & sounding board, and are able to synthesise information quickly, ask relevant questions, outline levers, options, and tradeoffs to consider.
- Strategic scheduling. You can triage based on company & personal priorities; blocking time for focused work, time to work with internal teams, external resources, long-term recruiting targets & investors. You're also reflective and can do quarterly calendar audits to validate time is being spent in the right places.
- You will partner with the People team on priority hires, maximising CEO availability to interview/sell/close candidates.
- You can be a ghost writer & editor for emails and other comms mimicking CEO voice and tone.
- You'll lead internal comms, taking ownership of weekly all hands agendas, Q & A's, company away days and so on.
- You'll be managing investor communications & relations. Creating monthly reports, decks & dashboards (KPIs, highlights etc.). You'll also prepare and ensure smooth running of Board meetings.
- You'll work on exec comms & event prep (maximising time on the ground, curating people to meet in advance, aggregate bios on those you’re meeting with), speaker prep (talk outline, materials you want to use), crisis comms and so on.
- You'll build Operational Excellence alongside our CEO.
- You'll work with, and influence the Leadership team on key strategic business initiatives. Improving efficiency in decision-making, project management, and initiative implementation.
- Acceleration of day to day operations through collaboration with the Leadership team.
- You'll streamline & improve company operations and processes.
- You'll work on "big ticket" Global Expansion projects. Partnering with the CEO on things ranging from fundraising to special projects.
- You'll create strategy decks, investor reports, roadmaps, operational dashboards, and run detailed analysis to identify performance trends and opportunities.
What we're looking for in you
- Previous experience in a similar Executive Business Partner role in a tech company
- Previous experience advising a CEO / or C-level
- Strong project management & admin skills; diary management, event planning, attending meetings & creating/managing actions for stakeholders being some examples of your work.
- Big picture thinking aka being a sounding board to our CEO. You'll have an incredibly thorough perspective of the business in your role and as a result, expected to be counsel on a variety of company matters.
- You're great at prioritising. For yourself and our CEO; limiting distractions and helping to keep focus on the highest leverage tasks.
- You're a resourceful problem solver and have a way of making the improbable happen.
- Discretion. You'll be trusted with sensitive information so naturally, discretion is a must.
- Fantastic attention to detail :-p.
- Softer skills and emotional intelligence. The ability to work with a variety of stakeholders effectively is key to success in the role.
- Passion and ongoing curiosity of learning the ins and outs of Duffel and the travel industry.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Duffel provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Duffel is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Duffel
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
What employees are saying
I love working here! We have sabbaticals and flexibility within reason (which I think is the best way to operate as a start-up) and I really get a feeling that the company cares for it's employees and culture <3