Distinction is an exciting, ambitious digital product studio with offices in Nottingham, London, and Boston (US). Distinction creates high-quality, often business-critical, digital products for ambitious brands throughout the UK, Europe, and North America.
Our team is experienced and award-winning, and our culture is one of comradery and teamwork. We believe good things happen when our people are empowered.
We’ve got big plans, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey.
About the role
This role specifically focuses on working with existing clients to shape and deliver their goals using SEO and content marketing. You will directly contribute to Distinction’s success by delighting clients and growing accounts.
This role requires deep knowledge of SEO and content marketing. You’ll be responsible for planning and delivering all SEO and content marketing activities to improve organic search performance for our clients. This will include both onsite and offsite SEO.
Your attitude and personal values are just as important as your experience. You’ll need to be highly organised and self-motivated.
- Content strategy and content marketing – you’ll be responsible for helping our clients make the most of their existing content, advising them on what new content to create, and working with our team to help them do that.
- SEO – you’ll work with our clients to plan and deliver ethical SEO strategies to achieve long-term goals.
- Day-to-day client communication – you’ll work directly with approx. 5 client accounts, gaining a deep understanding of their objectives, nurturing stakeholder relationships, and identifying growth opportunities.
- Proven track record of using content strategy to achieve tangible business results
- Experience working on multiple websites / accounts simultaneously
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with quickly changing priorities
- Evidence of managing stakeholders of different levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent presentation and ‘summarising’ skills
- Great interpersonal skills, especially listening and empathy
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced
- Strong commercial awareness
- Calm under pressure
- A creative thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- A passion for the type of work we do at Distinction (please take a look at what we do)
- Lives and breathes our core values
- A desire to learn new skills
Why work for us?
Distinction is a busy, fun place to work, with ambitious plans to triple our size in the next two years.
In addition to a competitive salary (verified by an external salary benchmarking company), we believe in providing meaningful benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working – as per our ‘works where’s best’ policy
- Up to 33 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay – covering both mental and physical health
- Enhanced life leave – covering the unexpected events in your life
- Enhanced parental leave – covering maternity and paternity leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Health and wellness programmes
- New, high spec Dell equipment
- Personal budget for learning, books, tech hardware and software
- Lots of opportunities to attend national and international conferences
- Enjoy savings on bikes and technology
- Tea, coffee, drinks fridge and fruit deliveries
- A busy social calendar with regular in-person and virtual socials including Christmas and Summer parties (off-site)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and we encourage applicants from minority backgrounds or LGBTQ+ communities. We promise that you’ll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to your age, race, religion, gender, or disability.
We prefer to recruit directly where possible, but we do work with a few select recruitment agencies who we feel have a good understanding of our business and the type of people we’re looking for. For this reason, please don’t contact us – we’ll contact you.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Distinction provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Distinction is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Distinction
Gender diversity (male:female)
60% : 40%
UK: Nottingham + London. USA: Boston.