This is a 6-12 month placement suitable for an under-graduate or post-graduate.
Applications close Thursday, 30th November 2023, with a planned start date in January 2024.
Distinction is an exciting, ambitious digital product studio based in Nottingham. We create high-quality, often business-critical, digital products for start-ups, scale-ups and disruptors throughout the UK.
This placement role is for a Sales Executive to help us deliver on some of our plans.
As a Sales Executive, you'll work closely with our senior team to complete key sales activities.
This will include things like:
- Researching prospects - both people and companies
- Supporting the marketing team to deliver events
- Email / social outreach to ideal fit, warm prospects
- Creating content to support our marketing activities
- Being creative with messaging and outreach
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to balance a varied workload and prioritise key activities
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- A creative thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively
- Open, honest and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- A passion for the type of work we do at Distinction (please take a look at what we do)
- Lives and breathes our core values
- A desire to learn new skills
Why work for us?
Distinction is a busy, fun place to work, with ambitious plans to triple our size in the next two years. In addition to a competitive salary (verified by an external salary benchmarking company), we believe in providing meaningful benefits, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working – as per our ‘works where’s best’ policy
- Generous holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health and wellness programmes
- New, high-spec equipment
- Personal budget for learning, books, tech hardware and software
- Lots of opportunities to attend national and international conferences
- Enjoy savings on bikes and technology
- Tea, coffee, drinks fridge and fruit deliveries
- A busy social calendar with regular in-person and virtual socials, including Christmas and Summer parties (off-site)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we encourage applicants from minority backgrounds or LGBTQ+ communities. We promise that you’ll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to your age, race, religion, gender, or disability.
We prefer to recruit directly where possible, but we do work with a few select recruitment agencies who we feel have a good understanding of our business and the type of people we’re looking for. For this reason, please don’t contact us – we’ll contact you.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Distinction provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Distinction is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Distinction
Gender diversity (male:female)
60% : 40%
UK: Nottingham + London. USA: Boston.