Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
Our DNA defines the essence of our company as an employer – how we are unique and what matters to us.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us.
Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
The Community Support team is an integral part of our business. It serves as the voice of Depop to our Community, answering questions they have, solving disputes and making Depop a safe place to be. The Zendesk Tooling Specialist oversees the function of Zendesk within Community Support. They will be responsible for driving improvements in our Zendesk instance to improve the agent experience, drive efficiencies and creating an environment where they are best placed to resolve our community’s issues
- Working in a fast paced, agile environment alongside our Senior Technology Operations Manager to deliver our Zendesk strategy
- Working to optimise our instance, launch new initiatives and improve the agent experience
- Administering the Zendesk platform and maintaining all supported channels, business rules and agent groups, updating views, managing integrations (e.g. Medallia, Sprout Social etc) and troubleshooting issues as needed
- Manage all of our existing channels and working alongside our Senior Technology Operations Manager to introduce any new channels
- Working to consistently improve our routing to drive agent efficiencies.
- Utilising problem solving skills to create solutions in Zendesk where no out of the box solutions might exist.
- Working directly with Zendesk or any third party for internal tooling improvements
- Owning user reporting via Zendesk Guide and constantly iterating and making improvements to this flow, consulting with various stakeholders along the way.
- Educating other key stakeholders on how to “self-serve” in Zendesk to decentralise administration where possible and create contingency plans in case of incidents whilst maintaining governance as our main admin.
- Solid Zendesk admin experience or experience within a similar role
- Proven problem solving skills in Zendesk
- Ability to capture and utilise data to make decisions
- Experience in prioritising tasks and solutions using a project management software like Jira.
- Experience in implementation or maintenance of Zendesk Messaging
- Zendesk Admin Certifications is a plus
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.