Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments.
The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester and New York. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us. Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
We are looking for a Vendor Analyst/Manager with a strong financial and account management background. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Operating in a fast-moving and at times ambiguous environment you will support multiple finance and vendor related projects enabling the Product and Engineering orgs to drive growth, create cost savings and ultimately, help shape the future of Depop. Within the Strategy & Operations function, you’ll be working very closely with Engineering, Product, Legal and Finance leadership as well as parent company Etsy, to support Depop on all things related to our external suppliers.
- Be the point of contact of for all vendors and third parties used within Product and Engineering
- In conjunction with Leadership, Legal InfoSec, and Finance / Etsy Strategic Sourcing/Procurement as appropriate, develop, negotiate and maintain vendor contracts and commercial agreements
- Engage with teams and leadership to identify and analyse potential suppliers and vendors that best deliver on business outcomes
- Craft and share high quality communications (emails, documents, presentations) that succinctly deliver key messages to broad audiences including senior executives, ensuring engagement with all parties involved
- Ensure third party SLOs and SLAs are met, tracking and highlighting any instances where this is not the case with the third party vendor, ensuring any issues are resolved swiftly and if applicable, are compensated for
Supplier and Financial Operations
- Help to develop and improve on-boarding processes, assist in removing any blockers and identifying improvement areas
- Ensure compliance and auditability by periodically reaching out to vendors for reporting (e.g. SOX Compliance), reviewing and sharing any findings
- Together with the Depop Strategic Finance team, identify cost saving opportunities, working with your counterparts in parent company Etsy, as well as the other companies within their House of Brands
- Forecast, monitor and track financial spends and budgets across Product & Engineering, raising necessary purchase orders and working with the finance team to ensure invoices are accurate and paid in a timely manner
- Work with the Talent, People and IT Support teams to ensure any contractors and outsourcers are recruited, onboarded and offboarded effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate proactively across the company to identify and track timelines and dependencies, mitigate risks and issues, build clear lines of communication, and ensure transparency of status
- You’re proactive and approachable, have a customer service mentality and can quickly build trusted relationships internally and externally
- You have a strong head for numbers and analytical skills, with experience managing and maintaining significant budgets, contracts and purchase orders
- You have good communication, stakeholder management and relationship building skills, and use them to ensure visibility and collaboration across organisational, technical and functional boundaries
- You are highly collaborative, able to gather information from others with minimal impact / oversight and are comfortable owning discrete deliverables
- You have hands on experience managing multiple vendor relationships within the Technology sector and can use your commercial sensitivity to employ tact as needed
- You are comfortable working in ambiguity and can identify, surface and resolve risks and uncertainty
- You have a technical fluency, can work autonomously and are proactive and able to use your understanding of technical organisational needs to problem-solve and optimise systems and processes
- You value improving workflow efficiency and believe in continuous improvement
- You are an empathetic, clear communicator and active listener who can read situations and shift your style depending on the audience
- You have a growth mindset, enjoy exploring new technology and tools and actively seek and give feedback as well as ways to share learnings with your peers
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a fast paced, scale up environment or consultancy
- Experience with AWS or another cloud platform vendor
- Experience with financial and compliance requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions from data in a logical and systematic way, and present complex data in a clear and compelling manner
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.