Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
Our DNA defines the essence of our company as an employer – how we are unique and what matters to us.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us.
Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
We’re searching for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our Engineering team based in London. You'll be working as part of a cross-functional team, developing new user facing features and transforming the way Depop connects with creative minds, by constantly delivering great user experiences on their iOS devices.
Our chosen tech stack is mainly Swift, we apply solid architecture principles and automation is applied in many aspects of our release pipeline, giving us more time to work on features whilst celebrating a new version of our app every week.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Design and implement new user-facing features.
- Support the team to deliver weekly features/upgrades.
- Work closely with the design, product management and backend teams to ensure that new features are implemented efficiently and effectively.
- Some line management/mentoring responsibility to support junior engineers.
- Refactor existing code to leverage the latest developments in the iOS framework.
- Communicate any engineering challenges faced when supporting a wide range of devices.
- Inventive mind ideally with a healthy sprinkling of BSc in CS, Maths, or Physics.
- Commercial experience with Swift/Objective-C.
- Experience supporting the entire SDLC, from development to after release in order to monitor performance.
- Experience with Mobile Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Unit and Integration Testing.
- 3+ years minimum of commercial experience using Swift or Objective-C experience, with real exposure to different platforms and OS versions.
- Strong experience in consuming a RESTful API.
- Experience writing unit tests using the XCTest framework.
- Experience to work with a GIT repo.
- Experience with the VIPER architecture.
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees' wellbeing. We offer healthcare, an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), a cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga sessions, a discounted gym membership and eyecare vouchers.
- Mental Health: Our employees' mental health is a top priority. We offer Headspace access and subsidised coaching and counseling appointments. We also have trained mental health first aiders available.
- Work/Life Balance: We offer a hybrid working model to provide a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family Life: We offer flexible working, generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies, which include adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. We also offer life insurance, a pension scheme and parent and carer support.
- Office Life: We provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee in our offices. All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials, such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.