3–4 days/week at home
A little flex time
Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments.
The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester and New York. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us. Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
Reporting into the Financial Reporting Manager, this person will be responsible for delivering finance transformation projects in line with the finance transformation roadmap. As Depop scales, increasing system automation and improving our internal finance processes is vital so that we can deliver on the Company’s strategic objectives. Following the Etsy acquisition, Depop has implemented a new ERP system, Workday, alongside a number of new systems and processes to align with Etsy. This role will work on projects aiming to ensure we get the maximum benefits of our new systems and deliver on a number of projects which will help to make our internal
finance processes more efficient, supporting the business to make faster data led decisions. Working alongside our internal management accountants, financial reporting and strategic finance team, as well as a number of cross functional departments including Product and Insights, the successful candidate shall be responsible for executing on a number of projects from the Finance Transformation roadmap.
We’re looking for an experienced, practical individual who is prepared to work as part of a team but with the confidence to work autonomously and take ownership for this critical area.
- Responsible for owning the cost transformation pillar within the Finance Transformation roadmap, coordinating with the relevant finance team and cross functional team members to deliver projects in line with the assigned deadlines
- Deliver solutions for improving and streamlining internal finance processes to make them more efficient and lead on system automation projects within the Finance Transformation roadmap
- Support the Financial Reporting Manager and Head of Finance on various other finance transformation projects including revenue process transformation, enhancing policy and process documentation plus any new finance led projects on the product roadmap
- Support and input into the Finance Transformation roadmap
- Deliver solutions to improve ability to meet reporting obligations and empower staff and stakeholders to make better business decisions
- Participate in finance team meetings providing updates on various finance transformation projects which impact the wider team and business
As this is a project role, the specific responsibilities, deliverables and scope are expected to be variable. Ultimately, the role covers everything that needs to be delivered to ensure successful delivery of priority projects within the finance transformation roadmap.
- You will be an ambitious, dedicated individual that is excited about the opportunity to develop in a fast-paced global business that is constantly changing.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, internal controls, governance and company regulatory requirements, best practice end to end finance processes, experience with automation and leveraging finance tools and ERP systems
- Results-oriented approach, with the ability and to make independent decisions with a solutions-driven approach
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change, a “can do” attitude
- Able to demonstrate proven ability to improve and streamline finance processes including system automation
- Previous experience in consumer tech businesses, or from a finance transformation consulting background
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, able to work in an agile manner and prioritise an ongoing list of tasks
- Good communicator & team player with the ability to coordinate and influence cross-functionally with external and non-finance partners.
- Experience in working effectively cross-functionally – e.g. with Finance, Product, Insights, etc– to identify opportunities and drive them to resolution
- Experience with Workday, Planful and Looker is desirable
- Experience with US parent company, or post-acquisition environments
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
You will be a qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.