Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments.
The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester and New York. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us. Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
As our community continues to grow, we’re looking for a Product Designer with a deep affiliation for user experience to help further improve the Depop experience across our web platforms. Our Product and Design teams help define the best digital environment for our users to enjoy Depop. As our product portfolio expands, providing a positive user experience is a core focus at Depop, with our passionate Designers bringing Depop to life.
You'll work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team and take ownership of planning, designing and finalising features/solutions from start to finish. Our design team love to help each other become better at what they do through knowledge-imparting, attending events and writing blogs. So if you have a passion for the tech design world, you're in good company.
- Drive the design process within your product area end-to-end
- Form UX/UI directives off research insight, design standards and best practices
- Explore solutions and sketch initial design ideas
- Develop detailed designs, through user flows, wireframes and UI mockups
- Produce final UI mocks and specifications
- Create hi and low fidelity prototypes
- Devise and run design workshops with team members
- Team up with product and engineering team members to boost implementation
- Liaise with team members and stakeholders to conclude design project timelines
- Plan and conduct user research and user testing within your user area
- Effectively pitch design proposals
- Practiced in designing user experiences for the Web, iOS and Android
- A good comprehension of mobile and desktop UX and UI patterns
- Demonstrated end-to-end product design (UX & UI)
- Proficiency in UX / UI tools (Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Abstract, etc.)
- Effective prototyping skills (InVision, Figma, Protopie, Principle or equivalent)
- A portfolio showing high quality, thoughtful UX and UI work
- Ability to translate user research, user testing and data insight to design directives
- Ability to tell compelling arguments about your design proposals
- Naturally collaborative and encouraging
- Able to give and take design critique constructively
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn
- Obsessive about good design
- An effective, articulate comminicator
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you with the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carry over up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working.
MyMode is our hybrid-working model, designed to empower our employees to choose a working mode that works for them. MyMode is composed of 3 working modes: Flex, Office Based and Remote.
- Flex: we'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week.
- Office: Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Remote: depending on your role you can request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year.
All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
You can also apply to work abroad for 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries).
Our parental leave policies aim to support and enable parents to play equal roles in nurturing their families, in a way that is flexible and truly gender-neutral. Our full-time regular employees are eligible for 18 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of their child. We also offer IVF leave, shared parental leave and paid emergency parent/carer leave.
Learn and Grow
- We offer budgets for conferences, learning subscriptions and more. We also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee we waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop so you can ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Depop provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Depop is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Depop
Gender diversity (male:female)
47% Women 53% `Men
London, New York, Manchester
What employees are saying
I love working at Depop. I think there is such a great balance of flexibility, trust and openness. I really can't fault them on their approach to wellbeing, engagement and flexibility.